Hepatitis C Community
Change Doctors?

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

Change Doctors?

Hi, thanks to all of you for the supporting comments you have posted on this forum.  Great News, Indy!

I have been monitored by a nice, busy GE for 11 years; in all that time, he has treated only about 12-15 patients w/HCV, only one of whom had a really bad time before me.  I surprised him... I think my adverse event in May/June was due in part to not enough access to my doc, so problems were not caught early.  Aside from what we learned, that 4 weeks is a total loss, and it was no picnic.
There is another GE group in town that seems to be the magnet for HCV patients; they have participated in a trial, and have had a local support group.      
I just started w/Peg shots (#1 last night), am to add Ribavirin gradually w/lots of blood checks.  But every time we turn around, my doc has to call S-P for advice.  And the 48 weeks only starts after I get up to full speed...
Has anyone else changed doctors after starting tx?  If so, how?