Hepatitis C Community
Dark urine

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

Dark urine

Hi everyone...this past weekend I noticed my urine has turned a dark brownish-orange; with all the water I am drinking it has been being fairly clear until a few days ago.  I am in wk 7 tx and the only thing I've changed is to add a B-6 supplement daily.  "Brown urine" is one of the "call your doctor immediately if..." warnings so I'm wondering if this has happened to anyone else?  Thanks.
I'm not a doctor but I ws a Corpsman in the Navy and one of the signs for dehydration is dark or concentrated urine.  It's probably the vitamin supplement Deb but usually you can call the mfg to see if this is so.  Back when I was a health nutt I took vitamins that turned the water canary yellow or almost blood orange-depending on what time of the day it was.  But my advice?  Always err on the side of caution and let your Hepatologist know what you are taking-even the smallest thing could be important.