Hepatitis C Community
Fibroscan score and normal labs
About This Community:

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Fibroscan score and normal labs

I have a durable SVR since 04', geno 1B, but at same time was dx fatty liver. Most recently started feeling yucky, bloated, went for ultrasound. It said fatty liver, gallbladder polyp, hepatomegaly, and otherwise unremarkable. Labs-normal other than lower than normal cholesterol values and lower platelets. I was dx originally by bx in 01' as stage 2, grade 2..that was needle bx, not too reliable. Went back to hep doc after he ordered Fibroscan. Score was 15.1. He wanted bx the next wk, but when I went to see him, he said my bp was too low (its always low 80/50), I have allergies to certain opioids, and he scrubbed that idea, said too high risk. He said to get endoscopy (dont they use same drugs for that?), and MRI, and NASH Fibrosure test. Will these be able to at tell if I have late fibrosis/cirrhosis? I would think my labs would at least be slightly elevated, tho the only time they ever were was just at dx.  He's top of the line hepatologist..I have breast cancer too, that as of last 3 mo. was in remission, and onco said she wouldnt want to have to give me chemo with my liver problems.. what should I be asking?
Tags: fibroscan