Hepatitis C Community
Geno 1B. On Olysio & Sovaldi. Started 1/24

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

So far so good except really exhausted...
Anyone else just starting?
Tags: exhausted
I will continue to pray for your healing.  My husband will be taking the Sovaldi and Ribivarin, he also 1b with stage 4 cirrhosis.  My concerns are that his platelets are in the 70's.  and i work full time should i take some time off from work to be by his side?  also is this the same treatment you are taking?  I know that there is another drug called Olysio.  
Hi There,
I started the same 2 pill treatment on 1/10/14.  I am 61 years old - 1b with stage 4 cirrhosis.  And this is my 3rd attempt to kill Hep C.  Last treatment was with Incivik, Pegusus and Ribavarin and it almost killed me with the nasty side effects.  Spent most of 6 months in bed wondering if I would ever get out of it again.  1 year after that treatment I was ready to try these new drugs.... so glad I did!  I got my 2 week labs back today and everything is normal range with no indicator of heading towards anemia.  (last treatment had a few transfusions).
Side effects ???  MINIMAL!  I have had a few chemical induced headaches that hit hard - but all I have to do is take 1 extra strength Tylenol and it is gone within 20 minutes completely!  1 morning I had a little nausea for about 10 minutes- fleeting with no vomiting.  Energy is better if I stay active.

You might try to really push your activity and see if it helps.
We are so fortunate to have these drugs and I believe we will see the results we pray for.
! I just wanted to say, I am so happy for both of you!
This is so great that doctors are able to do this to help those who just can not try anything else.

My best to both of you!
Dee
I do not take Ribavarin - just Sovaldi and Olysio because my last attempt at treatment caused severe anemia...... no more Ribavarin or Interferon for me.  To give you my opinion on you taking time off..... if your hubby starts feeling week and weird and dizzy he will probably know anemia is headed his way.  If you work close to where you live and can get home fast should he need you then that is your best approach going into this.  Has he talked with his doctor about doing just Sovaldi and Olysio?  Maybe this should be discussed first.  The studies and results are quite amazing... especially for us with 1b and stage 4 cirrhosis that are prone to low blood count issues.
Keep us posted and do not be afraid to be your own best doctor with research and knowledge on your side!
Good luck! Keeping fingers crossed for you!.  I too just started those two drugs a couple of weeks ago - but I'm also taking ribavirin. Not much fatigue to mention (fortunately).  You should try to keep very well hydrated on these drugs!

(I was going to report not many side effects, but I have developed jaundice because of elevated bilirubin from the the Olysio.)

Mark
Ready to start my 3rd attempt to treat Hep c. did the riboviran and interferon twice and it almost killed me . Jut got approved for riboviran and sovaldi for 12 weeks. I also have type 1b with stage 4 cirrhosis. good luck to all I start this Thursday.
Hi and praying it works for you too! I am also 61 and got pericarditis from the Interferon/Ribavirin treatment. I am so grateful and feeling rally positive about these 2 new oral drugs!
My treatment is brand new. Good luck to your husband! He may feel okay during the treatment...
Thank you Dee!
Best of luck to you Mark!
Good luck to you too!!
Good luck with your tx. I am 1b also.
Is this your first treatment?
I tried Interferon and Ribavirin and I was also in a trial that did not work. You?
No I am tx Naive but interferon intolerant due to other health issues. Hoping to get on a similar combination to what you are on.
How are you feeling? I hope you are doing well.
Hope you are feeling good.  My husband started his treatment and he's feeling fatigue and his MELD score went from 11 to 14.  He's on Sofosbuvir 400mg and ribarvirin 600.  not sure if its the same treatment you are taking.  Dr. said his viral load went down to 271 to 150.  but his billrubin increased to 3.8.  so confused, not sure if its good news.  I hope that you are doing good, don't give up and keep the faith.
I started last Friday, I feel exhausted but can't sleep!
I am moving right along and no side effects really.  No viral load at the 4 week mark and now have just 5 more weeks to go.  Hope everyones treatment can be as easy as mine has been and that we all succeed this time!
So happy for you!!!
Hi I am Brenda. I will be 60 yrs old next month and have never treated. What are you treating with? Is there any treatment for 1A or is the non inteferon for other types? I go to a hep c doc this Thurs. I have not been to see one in a couple of years but my viral load is extremely high I found out but no other problems so far. I am hoping to treat soon.
There are many new treatment programs right now and hopefully you will have a doctor that matches you with the right one.  I think it is important that you get this virus gone before it turns your liver cirrhotic and it will lead to lots more issues at that point.  This is a great time to kill that dragon if you can!
Best of luck and stay on this forum..... you will make friends and learn a ton of stuff!
Yes I used to come here alot, but quit for a few years trying to ignore my Hep C. I have alot of probs with fibromyalgia and arthritis. I just hope being genotype 1A will not it harder to find a good treatment without the interferon. I should find out something thurs at my appt.
Started 1/2/14

Good luck to us all..
Just noticed....I'm on Sofos & Riba...

I must pay attention
Good luck tomorrow!
thank you Dee!
Good luck to you!
Been on treatment Solv/Ribv and starting my 7th week of 12.     Geno 2, cirrhosis, never treated.     Cleared the virus at 2 weeks.    Watching hmg as started 14 and blood work at week 6 was 11.   Told after week 4 it usually levels out.      Was 11.2 at week 4.    This med has been so easy with few side effects.     1st couple of weeks was semi emotional, week 4 was a little nausea, and now can't really tell I'm on a drug.     Like taking a vitamin.    Have continued to be virus free.   Insomnia can be an issue but if you take the med right before bed not a problem.   Can't say enough about how doable this drug is and how grateful to be on it.    Hope soon everyone will be able to have access to these drugs since they are very life changing.    For anyone starting treatment with this regimen or similar want you to know that side effects are so minimal and the outcome makes it incredibly worth it.   Hope in the near future hep c will become a distant memory for all.     Kim
That is really great to hear Kim!!!