Hi, there. Today I went to have a first dose of double INTERF / riba but the doctors convinced me to compete for a place in study group with PSI-7977. Well .. they advised me it would be better option than starting tx now because I have a chance to succeed. Result: the beginning of the tx was in the middle of the year. Does this attitude was good? I can still change my mind and opt for the conventional tx now ...
I'd suggest you take your time and carefully research your options. There are some on the forum that are in the PSI 7977 trials that may be able to guide you to ask the right questions. The results do sound very promising. You can also plug in PSI 7977 in the "search this community" and read several earlier threads. I hope you're not feeling pressured to make this decision and are given some time to think and digest all the information.
Waiting till mid-year sounds like a much better option. Hopefully, you will know more and the clinical trial will know more. Sounds like a win, win to me.
The ATOMIC Study: A Multicenter, Open-label, Randomized, Duration Finding Study to Investigate the Safety, Tolerability, Pharmacokinetics and Pharmacodynamics Following Oral Administration of PSI-7977 in Combination With Pegylated Interferon and Ribavirin in Treatment-Naive Patients With Chronic HCV Infection Genotype 1,4, 5, or 6
Anything sounds better than double dosing interferon to me. I agree with the guys wait till mid year and see the results and research what is going on in the field - if you have time to wait (and you can go to Carnival) that is a great thing :)
If your docs think this would help you, why not? I do have a lot of info on my Med help page under "journals" because this is the drug I am on. Some of it is personal opinion as I go through my journey but also I have a lot of links to research etc. that have come up related to the PSI 7977 drug. I think some are still available. I am not sure which trial you are interested in but this drug is being combined with other drugs in trials so you might want to find out more about them too. Also, finding out about clinical trials in general (wikipedia is a good source) and HepC trials in particular (I don't know about this link but I am sure it is in the archives) would be good.
Even if you went for SOC + 7977 it would probably be an easier go but the all orals are a nice option and you probably wouldn't have much down time from them if at all (maybe a little fatigue and stomach distress/heartburn). The people on this forum and those that gonnab and myself have come into contact with in our trials have not had breakthroughs. Too early to tell about relapse but it looks good so far with early Undetectable status for many if not most of us. HTH
Anyway, if it didn't work, because of the unusually high resistance profile, you could probably turn around and do the current triple.
Since your docs use the word "compete" you may want to get on the list now. There are a number of preliminaries and you don't want toget left behind if this is what you want to do. I just got in and could feel the wind at my back as they shut the door behind me. Someone just after me in screening didn't make it in time. There were 6 accepted at my site.
Sounds like good advice from your doctors. Go for it! I definitely would. People have behailersing very promising results with PSI 7977. In fact I would fly to the other side of the world to do such a trial if I could.
Obviously as others have said, check the trial details. In particular, what is the protocol if you get the placebo.
Hi nygirl7, I don't think Lia meant that she was going to be taking a double dose of Interferon. I think she meant she was doing SOC ("double drug treatment") of Interferon and Ribavirin. Maybe Incivek and Victrelis aren't available in Brazil?
Gen 03...Incivek/Victrelis aren't available in Brazil... Hi, curiouslady. Tried to join the clinical trial? why it did not work? I will have little chance to participate ... not want to get in the placebo group! still do not know the protocol, all I know at the end of January
Ah. I see you found the page. The trial must be available in your country to participate. Not all trials have placebos. Even the ones who have placebos with Hepatitis C, they are given a chance to have treatment after a period of time.
My coordinatior told me yesterday that they are going to be starting a new study with our study drugs for geno 1a naive and people who failed triple. I believe she said another for just four weeks but not 100 percent on that one.
I know. So they are at least going to do the BMS/PSI extension at your site and my site. There are 4 arms. Two for naives and two for failures to the triple. I don't know if all the original sites will be doing the extension.
My understanding is that they may be screening now but they won't be starting until March or so because they dont have the drugs out yet. Ran out I guess.
I hope by then my not increase the degree of fibrosis and I don't get cirrhotic ... but the doctors know what they do ... I think ...btw, I'll try and wait ... meanwhile enjoying the carnival in Brazil ... no alcohol ...
hugs, my best to all
Yes, as I recall you are f3 Lia, so you and your docs do need to take that into consideration as you research the the PSI-7977 trial, the number of months before it starts, and all of the details of the trial (what are the chances of you being on a placebo, how long will the trial last, will you be able to take rescue meds to stay on the Hep C drugs if you become anemic or neutropenic, if it turns out you are on a placebo would you then get the PSI-7977 drug afterward, etc.).
gonnabhepcfree não mencionou isso, mas eu acredito que ela é GT 3 e só levou uma semana para ser UND se bem me lembro com PSI 7977 e BMS 790052. Ela pode corrigir esta informação, se necessário. By the way, eu tive que sair da cidade no meio da minha seleção para entrar no PSI 7977 ensaios. Não foi um problema. Eles gostam de acomodar seus participantes para experimentos. Todos em seu país sabe que você não pode interferir com o carnaval em 21 de fevereiro !!!!!!
is right. Here in Brazil it starts after Carnival. I will also have to go to another city, do all the tests again, except the biopsy. Day 26 I'm going to Botucatu city, where the study is going to happen, to bring the proposal / referral from my doctor.hopefully I can...!!!
I am going right now for my last visit of the PS1 7977 and BMS 790052. Except for some minor fatigue in the beginning I have been side effect free. I also went undetected at 7 day labs. ( I will start a 6 month once a month check to make sure I remain und SVR.
Congratulations on finishing this deeply encouraging trial and thanks for keeping us informed of your progress. Please let us know how the monthly checks play out. I have a very good chance of participating in the next form of this trial - the 12 week version expected to start in March. So my interest in your post treatment progress is very strong and I'm really appreciative of any new information you can communicate. Best wishes!
I definately will. The trial your talking about is the PSI 7977 and BMS790052 for 1a or triple fails? My Dr''s office is already screening if so. Good luck..I feel very grateful to have been able to clear the virus thus far with so lillte discomfort. Time will tell.. Good luck!!!
The best way to find out about this is to go to clinicaltrials.gov and type in NCT 01359644. The trial that comes up is the original trial. The one you are looking for is an extension of the original trial. You will need to call the sites in Florida that are listed there to find out if and when they are recruiting for the BMS/PSI EXTENSION. The study is for GT 1 either triple failures or naives. Some are recruiting now. Some in a month or so.
Hi, I've had my eye on this trial for a while. Do you know where these are being conducted in NYC? According to clinicaltrials they're now recruiting at Bronx VA and not yet recruiting at 10029??? I was hoping it was Mt. Sinai where my doctor is but I don't think it is. Do you know where in the city they'll be??? And if there's no contact number how I'd go about trying to qualify?
Copyright 1994-2016 MedHelp International. All rights reserved.
MedHelp is a division of Aptus Health.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information.
The Content on this Site is presented in a summary fashion, and is intended to be used for educational and entertainment purposes only. It is not intended to be and should not be interpreted as medical advice or a diagnosis of any health or fitness problem, condition or disease; or a recommendation for a specific test, doctor, care provider, procedure, treatment plan, product, or course of action. Med Help International, Inc. is not a medical or healthcare provider and your use of this Site does not create a doctor / patient relationship. We disclaim all responsibility for the professional qualifications and licensing of, and services provided by, any physician or other health providers posting on or otherwise referred to on this Site and/or any Third Party Site. Never disregard the medical advice of your physician or health professional, or delay in seeking such advice, because of something you read on this Site. We offer this Site AS IS and without any warranties. By using this Site you agree to the following Terms and Conditions. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your physician or 911 immediately.