Hepatitis C Community
New Posts for Wednesday - All Nice Posts Welcome

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

I found out that this was working and the counter reset after something happened to our board earlier today.

I wanted to make sure we got at least a good thread going in here!

Welcome back guys...you know I love almost each and every single one of you with all my heart.

Thanks for the WONDERFUL works you do in here. Supporting, educating, nursing hurt feelings and being such wonderful PEOPLE.  You provide such great fellowship during such a tough time that I am ETERNALLY greatful to you all.

Debby
Thanks. I start tomorrow with Infergen 24mcg and Ribavirin 1200mg daily. Has anyone started with this dosage? If so, I would like very much to hear what you have experienced or what I should prepare for. I'm not new to treatment, and have done three already, but not Infergen.

All help is greatly appreciated...

Magnum
Nygirl--good thoughts -Thanks for getting us back on message..
Magnum--no advice to 3 timer like yourself( i am in awe!!) i just wanted to wish you GOOD LUCK & Strength..............trx sucks ,but this is The Year Too Clear
I'm so glad we are all back, it'so good to hear all of yous.  

Magnum...I started tx Sunday, the first night I had chills, fever, etc. but now I'm feeling preety good. I hope all goes well for you and please let us know how you are doing.

Welcome back everyone!!!

BB

I am sure you remember that I had to treat 3 times before I finally achieved SVR status, but I never TX'd with Infergen. I know that there are several that have and hope that they chime in and can answer you question.

You will be in my thoughts and prayer as you start you journey, and also hope that your SX are minimal.

God Bless

TonyZ
ny girl - are you still treating ?

has anyone heard from mistybean of late ? just wondering how she is doing ?

Am doing really well now am 5 mths post tx & life is getting back on track, thought I might have learned something super human after the ordeal of treating but nope am still the same & hoping am still clear... don't have further tests till march '06. So just trying to get on with life & not think about things !

All the best to everyone for this year !

Oh yeah - Kalio2 - you must be seriously bored or just having this overwhelming need to provoke - either way I must say I feel sorry for you. It's a much nicer world when you reach out to people & show empathy... actually I thought I learned nothing during tx, but I learnt this... it's not my responsibility to judge people, it's my responsibility to see the good & encourage that. I want people I am in contact with to feel special ! Maybe you could join in on that
Where are you? I've been looking for you, hope all is well.

BB
Thankyou for starting the new post! Its really encouraging to read your comments. Awhile back when you commented on my future bx it gave me a positive outlook on starting tx! you are a real inspiration!!!!

rick
Thanks to everyone for your well wishes and words of hope. Even if my 4th treatment doesn't work, I will not surrender to the invaders. They've been getting free rent in me for too long and it's now time for eviction.

I'm mentally and physically prepared. I have my ice cream ready, a good movie ready, extra blanket, friends nearby, friends here. Who could ask for more?

This will naturally be a bumpy ride, but as all of us on TX know, the end result is the reward. Treatment is not forever, but the cure is. Good luck and God bless you all...

Magnum
"..ALMOST gave into the short tx that is somewhat promoted on a very small scale..."

Awwww c'mon Chev.... that's just not right. I'm in the process of making an informed decision on the duration of my tx, based on a number of inputs - not the least of which is the collective learned opinion a gaggle of hepatologists who are current in thier field and quite respected. The final decision, which may or may not be a shortened tx, will not be a matter of anyone giving in, I assure you.

I also think it would be a mischaracterization to say the hepatology team in question 'promotes' truncated tx; I believe they make informed recommendations based on their careful evaluation of risks and rewards of treatment cycles for their individual patients.

Things change, ya know?
thanks chev - I did 24 weeks too... I know misty had a lot on her plate so I've kept her on my radar... I thought post tx would be easy but I found it a real up hil battle... but then I decided a few weeks back to jump headlong into life so I:

started the gym
got a new job which I start in a week
and started getting out & about amongst the human race

this disease has been such a huge part of my life for a decade but I recently noticed I don't talk about it so much anymore & am moving on, whether it stays at bay or not - it's time to just enjoy what I have...

funniest part so far hsa been my hair growing back, I have all these 2 inch bits all over my head that just stick out everywhere in between the longer hair, but at least it's gowing back...

all the best to you - will take your advice & ignore - just feel sorry for the real Kalio !
Wow!  What an inspiration you are to me...and many others. I'm sure.  I'm also a non-responder.  Snook and I started tx at the same time, so it's been a while.  Love your attitude and positive outlook.  Even though I haven't yet cleared, I am not going to become disheartened or stop trying, either.

All the best to you, and I will be sending loads of positive energy your way!

~River
Hey Snookkkkkkkkk!!!! Yeah!!!!  Great News,,,you made it to the other side and looks like you on your way now to a non hep free life!  I'm so happy for you,,,,I know its been rough on you and your wife but I'm sure the two of you are closer because of it! Congratulations!

Genedog,,,According to your info on the thread down below,,,,That if ast is bigger then alt,,,,drinking is involved,,,Well all through my tx my ast was bigger lol,,,Thats ast,,,not ass and I wasn't drinking...
Magnum - Your inspiration is..Wow. Your heart shines through your perserverance. Go get em!
Be well,
Don

amommy and mr beagle bailey,
Wowawowzah-you 2 don't miss a beat! A few day's ago you both were worried about life gettin outta step. Hardly looks like either of you missed a stride. Couple a tough cookies.
What's that the Mom's use to say at the parades.." Look-everyones outta step except my little..."
Here we go . 1.2 3.  you lead me.
Don :)
Oh I really want to cry in here (I know I am a pms'd out riba eating ambien kicking in mess wow) because just seeing all the love and hope and support and BELIEF in our fellowship in here...it's mind blowing.

It was actually great to not have it for one day because now - my eyes are wide open! It's a beautiful place to be while we fight for our lives and SVR.

If I start seeing flowers maybe I've taken the wrong med tonight because I feel like singing folk songs LOL.

Just happy to be here with you GREAT peope in here right now
I know its hard, but when it comes to K2, all I can say is Shhhh, just ignore.
All the best!
When it comes to Kalio2...we all have to ignore him.  He feeds on us answering him.

NY girl... Hope all is well, and thanks for starting the new post.

BB
I am going to try again. I get so dedicated to going back to being smilie and nice and I'm wondering did I OD on the RIBAs or did I forget a few Paxill's?

Onwards to a new day of positive thoughts about kicking the AZZ out of these losing virus's that only have so many days left intruding in our bodies.  ANNHILATION!
nice thread,great feelings,--Honey--thanks for the laugh,i'm sure your assma is fine...ain't it a wonderful thing!! You guys are the greatest!!
seeing you ignored me before I wondered if this may get a resopnse...

you have achieved the TOC trifecta, not bad I say, see 13, 14 & 19 for further info...
Promise it's the last I'll say on this...but I was wondering which one of us would break, ha ha! It's like trying to swat a knat that you can't see...what I can't understand is why he isn't banned off of here? he's insulting people who aren't "hip" to what's going on with him, and they could very well leave which would be such a shame....
How are you doing? Nice to see oyu posting. You're already on pills right, but starting the redi later? I looked for the thread from the post where you explained your stats but I can't find it. Course I'm beat today. almost missed my riba tonight. Had some left over ziti and stuff, decided to have another small bowl before my meds cause I missed lunch. Next thing I know it's 2hrs later and I hadn't taken my meds yet. How does that work in a study so they track your med taking?
Don
So far, taking the pills, and I dont see or feel anything different. I go for blood testing next week. As far as tracking, I take 3 pills twice a day, havent missed any, and I guess I am on the honor system. My first shot is due on Feb 26. I just hope after the first shot that I can say I still dont feel anything different. Hah. I will keep everyone posted, and both give and seek support here. to answer your other question, I am genotype 1, early stage 2.
I'm cool again...it took over my mind for awhile and then it was FUN and now it'sjust boring.

So it's easy LOL.  Back on track.

Love ya BB - thanks for the uplift to sanity!
Hey Dee, I was hoping to hear that it went okay for you. I'm happy that you've got that over with. Take care and stay positive. Good luck. Mike
Good morning,

I had the same sides yous had, and will do #2 shot Sunday. How long is your ride, 24 or 48 weeks?  This a great place, with people who really care and are so helpful.

Here's to SVR in 2006!

BB
im in for the long haul 48 weeks
i am drinking plenty of water i might float away
i am eating well, but i cant get rid of this head ache any words of wisdom for the ol noggin. its mild but bothersom
Dee
I'm signed up for 48 weeks too. Currently heading to week 16 shot.

I tell you you will find this all ok.  You will be surprised. AFter the few couple weeks you will be feeling much better - that is IF you even have any side effects at all to start.  A LOT of people dont!

It's going by FAST for me. I never thought I would say that!

Just watch out really carefully for the anemia otherwise all will be fine. And if that anemia SHOULD come - make sure in advance your doctor is going to prescribe meds for it - once you get them into you ... you will see that you can make it through the anemia and onwards.

Best of luck Debby
Good luck w/tx - I'm a 1A on infergen (daily shot) and Riba (1000 - 4 pills per day)  My VL was 34 million back when I started on 9/1/05.  I'm had hep C for 20 years and am a 39 yr old female.  I'm more then happy to report that the virus is now undetected (YEAH!!) I plan on staying on tx for the whole bloody 48 weeks just to make sure I kick it in the @##.  I find the side effects to be tough, its gotten a bit better but I don't remember being this tired from the last time.  Although I only did a weekly shot back then.  Get alot of rest, drink TONS of water and have all your family & friends ready to help you help.  Take the help and homemade soup - you'll need it.
Turn my back for 5 minutes and pow! Funny how this forum gets really wild, then really really sweet and then bad again...

I just wanted to say that I really enjoy some things I see here and I'll tell you why...I love seeing how men can be so open and sharing...I mean it...I can't get my husband to tell me any of his feelings and in this forum, I get to hear all kinds of big strong men express themselves and I love that guys!

And to see how strong the women are! We know we're tough but we might be the only ones that know that sometimes so I am glad to see it in print!

I hope nobody gets nasty with me now! I just want to let everybody know that I really feel a strong bond with you all and think this fourm is very healing when we try to be nice to each other...
Cin
no matter what
I STILL THINK YOU ARE MY FAVOPURITE FLAVOUR
and who cares if your ass is bigger?
hi everyone,
i did my first shot tuesday
had a head ache, dizzy, chills, and fever all in all not to bad
it was not pleasent but very doable.
Even today i still feel kinda blahh but i can handle that.
you people here are great. the suport i get from here is priceless
thank you all
DEE
Glad to hear that you made it through the first one ok :)  I do #2 tonight.  It sure isn't fun, but managable.  I had pretty much the same sides you mentioned and now, as long as I don't do much, I feel pretty good.  Anyway, look forward to sharing this journey with you.
congratulations on your undetectable!!  is this your second time?
Yes, this is my 2nd time.  The first time I was on tx for a couple of months then my lung collapsed and I ended up in the hospital for 9 days - ugh!  I decided to get off tx at that time.  My VL back then was 2 million and I just kept up with getting tested.  When it came back in August of '05 to 34 million I decided to get back on tx immediately and to go aggressive.  I pushed my doctor into giving me infergen on a daily shot to really go at this disease.  The side effects are horrible but then end result (non-detect) is worth every miserable minute!
i started (peg/copeg) 9/29, so you're a bit ahead of me. just b/4 i started my L was 17 MIL.  anyway, i admire you for jumping back in and doing daily shots.  i was undetectable at 12 wks and my sides are okay.  up and down.  are yours the same everyday?  can you see that they may be getting better day by day?  sending positive thoughts your way, karay, you will do it this time.
Thanks for the positive thoughts - I appreciate them!  Somedays are better then others but I think we all go through that!!  This site has been a great source of both comfort and information.
Great news! Keep up the fight. Congratulations on being undetectable.
Hi again, Chev. Didn't mean to have a hair up my butt there - but maybe I sounded that way. Anyway - I surely don't intentionally avoid your posts - just a little slower on the draw sometimes, I guess.

Have a good one!
you might be risking another cute slow joke here... not from me, don't worry.
take care
tossing out some chum to see who's feeding today...... seems the chameleon fish may have moved to a new pond.....