Hepatitis C Community
Pancreatitis and Hep C

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

Pancreatitis and Hep C

A very good friend of mine is about 2 months short of completing treatment (Interferon and Riboviron) for Hep C.  The past few months have been horrible.  It is as though her body is completely breaking down.  She is now hospitalized with pancreatitis and they have stopped treatment, for good.  

I am just trying to find out if anyone else has gone thru this and what it all might mean.

Any words of wisdom would be appreciated.

Thanks.
My sis has pancreatitis and has had it for years, and she was put on a special diet to help treat it...here is a link to one very similar to hers

http://answers.google.com/answers/threadview?id=68739

with acute attacks, I think they normally put you to the ER because of pain, etc...course, I'm no expert, but I hope she has dicipline in her eating habits, and sees a good doc about this issue...like with most diseases, time to really take care of ourselves, hope she's better soon...
I did not get pancreatitis during treatment but 5 months after stopping treatment.  I too was doing fairly well with treatment until I reached my 4th month.  I then just went downhill from there.  Was told just side affects.  I would suggest that your friend not set herself up by expecting immediate improvement.  (I did).  I wish her the best.
Thank you..pain will help motivate one alot.
DOES HAVING PANCREATITIS MAKE AT HIGHER RISK OF HEPATITIS ? MY HUSBAND  HAS BLOOD WORK THE OTHER DAY BECAUSE HIS LIVER ENZYMES WERE SLIGHTLY ELEVATED DOES THIS SOUND REALLY DANGEROUS?   IVE BEEN LOOKING ONLINE FOR DIFFERENT DIETS BECAUSE WE ARE BOTH UNHEALTHY EATER AND IT IS SO HARD TO CHANGE WHEN YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT TYPES OF FOODS TO EAT OR MEALS TO PREPARE ANYONE HAVE ANY ADVICE ?  
I too, was diagnosed with Pancreatits, and have high liver enzymes, my stomach was basically swollen shut.  I was taken to the ER, given demerol for the severe pain, and was hospitalized for 6 days - being watched closely eating ice chips and water (one tablespoon) every few hours..  I was told I was dying, so scary...

Here is a book I found online that might help witht he diet issue:  From what I understand a "low" fat diet is key.  Keep me posted.

(click below)
http://www.pancreatitis-diet.com/index.php