Hepatitis C Community
bloodwork

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

bloodwork

my doctor doesnt think i can take the treatment due to my low counts plus my cirrhosis........any thoughts?
rbc 3.23
wbc 2.3
plate.70

randy
my platelets run around 73 , sometimes around 40, they say unless they are in the 20's they won't freak on that one, I have a couple of problems with my spleen due to my liver backing up into my spleen, I call them my typonias,  one I think is cytopenia and the other is thrombocytopenia.  as far as the wbc and the rbc's , yours are a little bit lower that mine were a few weeks back when I was in the hospital.  I don't really think that they necessarily base it on just that whether you can handle the treatments.    I think it is all the things added up together.  I had to stop the interferon / rebretron treatments because I wound up with all kinds of side effects from the meds.  Now I am developing diabetes so they say, from my liver,  and they said I cannot handle any of the diabete meds right now as it is just too hard on my liver and it is also hard on my kidneys.  So you just don't know.  I have developed so many intolerances to meds that I don't think I would be able to tolerate the anti-rejection drugs that are necessary for transplants.