Hepatitis C Community
hepatic parenchymal disease

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

hepatic parenchymal disease

What does HEPATIC PARENCHYMAL DISEASE SECONDARY TO DIFFUSE FATTY LIVER mean? Can it be cure? How?
http://www.medterms.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=12708
Parenchyma: The key elements of an organ essential to its functioning, as distinct from the capsule that encompasses it and other supporting structures. The parenchyma is thus opposed to the connective tissue framework, or stroma, of an organ. The parenchyma of the testis consists of what are called the seminiferous tubules.

The Greek word "parenchyma" means "that which is poured in." It reflects the ancient (and erroneous) idea that the inner substance of solid organs like the liver, spleen and kidneys was formed by blood that was poured into it.

What does Hepatic Parenchymal Disease Secondary to Diffuse Fatty Liver mean?
It is Liver Disease caused by Steatosis (Fatty Liver).

Can it be cure?
Yes
How?
Stop drinking Alcohol and Diet and exercise. But you probably didn’t want to hear that.

CS
   Also cut out sugars and not too many carbs. Sugar is a big cause of Fatty liver. By the way alcohol is turned into sugar by the body.  

Bobby
had ultrasound done of the stomach and  other areas   can someone help me  as I was looking at my profile from the test was done  it read . the liver homogenous   diffuse fatty  hepatic parenchymal change of 5mm.  don't see my dr next week.
You may want to repost a new question in order to get Results. This is an older thread from 2008.  If you go to the top of this page there is a box saying ask a question.  You may want to put it in the Cirrhosis of the Liver forum.
Good Luck
~Kim