Hepatitis C Community
thrush

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

thrush

Is it common to get thrush with hep c?
In my opinion: No, it is not a common symptom
It's common to get thrush while undergoing hepc treatment because of the medications but thrush is generally not listed as condition caused by the hepatitis c virus.
Yes it is very easy to get thrush..ur immune system is very weak
God bless
Patches
i had that for years off and on before tx.....i don't get it at all now post tx
Thrush"   is a form of fungal growth. One of the  ingredients in "Magicmouthwash (which your doctor can prescribe) is  nystatin which s what is prescribed for thrush

It is not a listed common symptom of HCV,however OLP (oral lichen planus ) is seen in approx. 10% of patients with HCV(below)

Will

http://www.hepcprimer.com/more/lichen.html

It tends to occur in people who have a weakened
immune system, or people who have taken antibiotics.
  You may want to consider treating your Hep C, if it is weakening your immune system.
  It would be a good idea to have some lab work done, to see what your blood looks like
I just started rib. and  peginterfeon last week , I have been dealing with alot of sinus infections with no reason ie polops, deviated septum, so then I've had a burning mouth but when I started the drugs the thrush really took off.  I also got a sinus infection just days before starting my meds and am on antibiotics. I'm hoping I'll be a lot healthier now that I'm killing the hep c.  My side effects are not bad at all, I was able to work all week, even wiht the stinking sinus infection.  Hope it keeps going this good.  
Sorry to hear that
Heard of some alternatives which could help with the sinus infection, worth trying: Neilmed sinus rinse, i think is a saline and helps a lot with symptoms. I have been also told that colloidal silver spray can help (some will swear that it clear their sinus infection)

http://www.neilmed.com/usa/products.php

As for trush (thrush) - no sugars , low starch diet otherwise it will just snow ball
  Oh, okay, yes, most of us get thrush while on this Hep C Treatment.
There is a specific mouthwwash used for it, it is specifically for people on Chemotherapy (or Hep C Treatment) and it is called "Magic Mouthwash" and has an antifungal medicine in it.
   If your Doctor hasn't heard of it, then I know there other good Thrush meds
out there, because all my newborns had thrush.
   I had all kinds of mouth problems, while I was on Tx, like a sore cracked tongue, sores inside my cheeks, sometimes it was so painful to eat.
   I gargled about 10 times a day with this natural mouthwash, that had
Tea-tree oil in it, made by the company Desert Essence, and that helped my mouth alot.
    Hey, that's a good sign that you were able to work all week :)