Can taking Valtrex form Herpes antibodes in your system?
I was extremely itchy and had flu-like symptoms a couple days after intercourse so I went to my doctor worried about an STD. I was tested for everything, and while I was waiting for the test results I had a swollen lymph node in my groin form. When my doctor told me the next week I was clear of all stds, I told her about the lymph node. She thinks I've contracted herpes but isn't positive. I'm to wait until March to do another blood test for herpes. In the meantime she gave me a perscription for Valtrex to relieve the symptoms I'm having. I know the blood test checks for antibodies to the virus and that is how they give you a result. Is it possible to not have herpes, but taking Valtrex can make your body produce the antibodies and you get a false positive? I'm worried about taking the drug if I infact don't have herpes.
you shouldn't be taking valtrex at all at this point!!!  just a swollen lymph node is meaningless and your provider should've never assumed herpes and started you on  medication.  you should stop the medication so it doesn't interfere with future testing.

was the sex you had protected or not?

only some std testing is accurate that soon after sex. you will also need to repeat some of your testing later on if this was unprotected sex with a random partner.

grace

does taking valtrex make your body produce antibodies for a false positive though?
valtrex would increase your risk of false negative testing when you do your follow up igg blood testing.