Herpes Community
Could it be herpes or something else

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Could it be herpes or something else

I'm just going to jump right in and I'll try to make it short but I'm scared so I may ramble.
5 days ago I had sex for hours, which I'm not used to at all. It tore me, like how a woman would tear from child birth. That's happens before and it hurts but usually heals in a day or two. It hasn't healed yet. But my HUGE concern is now I have several sores surrounding and just inside my vagina opening. I've been googling herpes pictures and they don't look like blisters like I see in the pictures but the are small and it's like the skin has be scraped (similar to a scraped knee) they hurt so bad I can't wear panties, it hurts when I walk/sit/ and brings me to tears when I pee... I can't even wipe! I just noticed the sores yesterday (finally took a mirror and looked at myself) so I don't know if they are getting better or worse by sight but I know the pain is getting to be unbearable. I've been alternating putting A&D ointment on them and also jut letting them air dry but they are scabbing over.
I went to the emergency room tonight and they took cultures of the sores & blood test. It hurt so bad for the dr to examine me a nurse had to hold my hand and I couldn't stop crying :( The dr said it will be a few days before I have the results back. But he prescribed me 800mg Zovirax he said as a precaution because he said the sores could be cause from friction of sex but that the way it looks he want to be on the safe side and start treatment.
I was test for every STD just last month and everything came back neg. & ive only been with the same man since my last tests. But I did have a yeast infection/UTI . I taked to the nurse who was there when the doctor checked me out & she said that the only other thing she has herd of causing sores like that is from the yeast infection Meds you put inside you (like monastate) can irritate or dry out the skin causing similar sores.
My sores have no puss if you squeeze them & and the dr told me there is not puss/infection behind the sores to worry about. They are jut so painful to me that he said that makes him believe it is herpes. My sores feel like there is more behind them tho.. Like if you run your finger over them u feel lumps. I know I shouldn't freak until I have my test results back but a 'few days' feels like a life time in this situation.
Last thing I've never had more then an occasional pimple in my life and within the last four days my chest and upper back is COVERED in pimples. Can this somehow be related to herpes?
Do you think I have herpes? Could it be anything else? If I do have herpes, I understand virus' are never fully cleared but will I have these god awful sores forever?!
I'm so scared and I have to one to talk to about this. Please any advice will be greatly appreciated!
pimples on your chest and back aren't herpes related.

it's good that you were seen and blood work and lesion cultures were done. while you are waiting for those to come back, your partner should seek out type specific herpes igg blood testing to see what their status is.  also check to see if herpes testing was even included with your last std testing too. it's not a part of routine std testing but most providers never tell you that.

meanwhile, you hurt like heck no matter what is the cause - try simple things like soaking in the tub with epsom salts thrown in or a packet of aveeno bath.  Also stop by the pharmacy and pick up a can of dermoplast spray ( the blue can for the genital area, not the red can ). You can also find it at most walmarts and such places too. It's typically under $10 and is a topical anesthetic you can spray on for pain relief several times a day.  also , unless you have a medical reason not to, you can alternate tylenol with advil for pain relief similar to some narcotics without the unpleasant side effects of them. I.E. tylenol 1000mg at 6 a.m., 600mg advil at 9 a.m, tylenol at noon, advil at 3 p.m etc.

keep asking questions :)

grace
Hello. I just had unprotected sex on sunday. Monday I felt a little soar down there thinking maybe it was just rough. By tuesday It hurt when I pee and I noticed little cuts. Tuesday night fever started 102. Wednesday the little cuts look like little balls. And all of a sudden I got my period (15 days early) I told the guy about what I was feeling he told me he didn't feel anything until a day after. It started burning him when he peed and a red rash. I'm confused as to if I have herpes? He didn't have anything, I didn't think I had anything either. Help.