Herpes Community
HSV 2 and Sensitive nerve endings

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

HSV 2 and Sensitive nerve endings

I'm a  male and was diagnosed with HSV2 in June and had an inital outbreak that lasted 5 weeks and 1 week ago had a second outbreak. Since the first outbreak I've been experiencing severe sensitivity in my buttocks, upper legs, and pubic area and cannot stay seated for more than and hour.  Couple questions: is this common? is this permanent nerve damage due to the virus? or am I continually experiencing an internal outbreak with no external signs?

Thank you!

This discussion is related to Questions about herpes transmission.
Post in the Herpes forum please.
Good Morning. If you dont mind asking. How long did it take for your first outbreak after your exposure?
you posted on a post on the expert forum that was not yours so it was bumped off that forum and onto this forum.

have you followed up with any exams for your ongoing symptoms since your first ob?  

are you male?

how are you treating your herpes?

grace
i am also interested in knowing about potential nerve damage or long term nerve effects.  i had a doctor recommend lyrica for the neuropathic pains.  i don't want to have to take hardcore neurological drugs all my life
we've been discussing your situation in your post already dan.
does anyone have an answer lehmason?