Herpes Community
Insight

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Insight

In may 2013 I had sex with a girl (using a condom) shortly after I found out that she had herpes hsv2
I went around 7 days after and recieved my first test. As well my scrotum became an irritated and had a redness to it adjoined by lower back pain, slightly sick feeling... Through the next three months I went for several blood specific test, and two biopsies... This included an internal disease specialist and a dermatologist.
So my question the redness went away I was feeling confident in my test results and thanked god.

Now I have a flair up that has been present from 1/5 to 1/13/2013 so far

Symptoms same as the first scrotum red(no apparent bumps etc) right testy sore, lower back sore, of course a bitter mood (feeling down)

Does this sound like herpes ?
Can the flair ups cause just redness?
I've read symptoms that say herpes can be very mild lesions to redness ?
I'd go with blood test results, if you've had one 26 weeks or more post the last exposure with this partner, then that's conclusive.

What about partners since then? Have you had confirmation that they are negative for HSV2?
Thank you for the reply, I have not had any partners since...
I went back to the dermatologist and was prescribed an antibiotic for msra ... The redness persist though, wouldn't msra cause boils and such?

Symptoms seem to flair up as every herpes out break that you read about just no lessons.  
Are there cases were herpes causes just a rash with no lesions ?
If so how long are expected outbreaks start to finish?

Symptoms the redness of scrotum only
Tingle-crawling feeling of scrotum skin-occasional light stinging feeling on the penis-urinary tract almost seems to itch.
No lesions
????
The testing you had, provided it was the correct IgG HSV2 antibody test would be far more accurate than any other form of diagnosis.

Potentially you could seek a Westrrnblot test that will provide the best comfort that a blood test can provide.

The scrotum alone is not a typical place for a herpes infection or recurrences. The urinary tract itchiness can be a range of things including stressing over a potential infection.
Thank you very much for your insight