Herpes Community
STD's

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

STD's

Having a rash on the underside of my penis and crouch area.  At times its really red (on the underside of the penis) and sometime its not (not as red).  However, I have been having this for 4 months straight constant discomfort (burning sensation).  No blisters.  I went to the doctor 3 1/2 months ago and he stated it was Jock itch.  Could jock itch last this long?  I am very concern.  Just yesterday, I noticed tiny bumps on my lip..... Is this anxity
no, herpes wouldn't last this long.

did you treat properly for jock itch when you were diagnosed with it? even after using the creams properly, it can still come back too.

grace
Thank you Dr. Grace for your quick response.

I've been having a very irritating red rash on the bottom side of my penis shaft that flares up throughout the day.  At times it appears that its going away but tends to flare up during the mid part of the day.  I also have red irritation around the crotch area that tends to flare up as well.  Now it appears that my testicular sac is beginning to have red flare ups as well. No bumps, blisters etc.  Now I have noticed scaling around the lower area of the crotch.  This has been going on now for approximately 4 months now.  Please help.  I went to the doctor 3 1/2 months ago and he stated that it was jock itch and prescribed me Clotrimazole and betamethasone dipropionate cream USP, I also tried Hydrocortisone 1%, Lamisil AT, Triple antibiotic, polysporin, Neosporin, Monistat 7 and jock itch cream (hydrocortisone 1%).  None has worked.... the only temp relief I get is from gold bond power.  Please help....  Thanks again Dr. Grace.

.
you don't need nor do you want to be applying neosporin and such to your genital area!!  all it does for most folks is irritate the skin and since you have a fungal issue, waste of time anyways.

I'd go with an antifungal powder you can buy otc. apply it twice a day and keep doing so for 2 full weeks since it's been going on so long. sleep bottomless at night too so cool drying air gets to the genital area to discourage yeast overgrowth.  using a mild soap like unscented dial in the genital area is also preferred.

Thank you Dr. Grace

Last question, several days ago I've noticed these small little bumps on my upper lip, and today I noticed a fever blister/canker sore  (I guess) on my lower right side of my mouth.  I don't know, just worried sick about this whole thing.  Could this all be anxiety related.  I did in fact have sex with a woman 4 months ago which I found out she's extremely promiscuous.  I did in fact use a condom, however, she did perform oral on me without the use of a condom.  I am concerned  about her well being (herpes etc.)  Can anxiety play a huge roll in this?  Can my body trick itself by creating these small bumps on my upper lip and my worrying creating a canker sore on the lower right side of my gums. I know you read this all the time however, I am worried SICK over this.  Again Dr. Grace thank you for your time.
I am not a doctor.

if you are concerned about your symptoms, see your provider about them in a timely manner!