Aa
A
A
Close
Weird Cold Sore Scar
So about 4 months ago I started to get a cold sore.  I did a really good job of managing it and it never fully formed.  So it never scabbed over or anything like that.  But instead, its almost as if it froze in the first stages where it kind of bubbles up.  I don't know how else to describe it.  The "bubbles" aren't colored or anything, so I don't think its contagious right now, but it is often itchy and burning.  Does anybody have an idea what this is?  Is this common?  Is it a cold sore scar? I've seen two doctors and they have just said its not a cold sore right now.
Cancel
5 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Please help!!! I'm always worried I have a cold sore now!!!
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
101028 tn?1419606604
cold sores don't stick around like this.

did the providers you saw suggest what they think this is? if not, see a dermatologist for further work up.

grace
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
No they were fairly useless, they all said they thought it wasn't contagious. Is there a chance it still is? Especially how it's occasionally itches like a cold sore?

Here is a post with similar symptoms from a few years ago
http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Herpes/Does-having-a-scar-from-a-cold-sore-mean-you-can-still-pass-it-on-to-others/show/1304244#post_5966999
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
101028 tn?1419606604
a lesion from a cold sore won't stick around like this. whatever is going on, isn't due to your oral herpes.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Ok thanks
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Herpes Community Resources