Herpes Community
herpes discharge

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

herpes discharge

i recently was diginosed with gential (genital) herpes.  is the test usually acurate, and is it normal to have alot of discharge with this.
It depends on what test you had and how soon after you think you may have been infected ..... Herpes doesn't usually produce a discharge.
What test did you have and how long have you had a discharge?

Daisy  
a swab test done on one of the sores.  my discharge has been here  for a month.  its like clearish whiteish.  its texture is sticky gooey.  i have already been checked for gonarah and climada, and i had an infection test too.  i do itch alittle too.
What do you mean by an infection test? do you mean that they tested you for yeast and bacterial infections vaginally too?

Discharge with a herpes ob does happen sometimes but it's good to rule out other causes too.

Did they give you medication for the herpes?

grace
i forgot to mention that i had unprotected sex a month ago, then like 3-5 days later is when i got the signs of herpes.  my last partmer was 6 months ago.  do you think i just got this virus this month?  
It's hard to tell since you only had a lesion culture done and not also a type specific herpes igg blood test though even that might not give helpful answers since the last possible time of infection was a month ago.

grace
yes they tested me for yeast and bacteria infections.  is their another std that i should be tested for.  they gave me like 10days worth to clear it up thats it and never told me what do now.
but that medicine was like 2 weeks ago is it possible maybe im having a outbreak already again/
from what i have been reading, if im understanding right, after you get the virus usually your outbreak occurs with 3days to 2 weeks, does that sound right to you
if you were seen 2 weeks ago and did a 10 day course of herpes antivirals and still have discharge then the best thing to do is to return to your provider for further evaluation and retesting for yeast and bacterial infections again.

I know, not fast and easy answers by no means but sometimes figuring what all is going on down yonder takes a couple of appointments.

grace
im not sure if i should be posting it on this particular forum but i didnt want to create a whole new thread.  I recently got some blood drawn for hepatitis and just had a urine sample taken.  The blood test came back negative for hepatitis but i have not gotten back the urine sample test.  I was wondering if anyone knew whether or not the doctor would be able to detect herpes or any other std in either one of those samples considering he was not necessarily looking for it; or will i need more blood drawn or a second urine sample taken specifically for an STD check. The reason i ask is because I've been having a bit more itching in the genital area and one day my right butt check and left leg felt a bit painful.  I know these are possible symptoms but i wasnt sure how long the muscle pain should last to be considered herpes or another std.  I'm not freaking out because i know anyone can get muscle pain but it was a bit unusual and i was with someone new about a month ago (protection was used).  Thanks a bunch for your time.
is a pastey milky discharge a sign of herpes discharge
this discharge has been going on for awhile now - it's time to be seen again.

grace
i just wanted you to know that the discharge was all from a yeast infection so thank u for convincing me to be seen again.  i also wanted to ask you a question.  i got the swab test done when i had sores.  it came back positive.  is their anyway if i was having the yeast infection at the time, could that have made test test positive.  this is so hard knowing i have this.  i really have went into a depression state!!!  i have not wanted to leave my house i am tired all the time not to mention ive gained almost 10 pounds for all this.  what makes me so mad is that i used a condom.  i am so sad i just wish their was a way to get back to my old self.
no , the yeast infection didn't make the lesion culture come back falsely positive.  

don't let the IDEA of having herpes mess with you so much. It's really not as bad as it sounds.  did you check the ASHASTD.org website to see if there's a herpes HELP group near you to check out a support meeting?

I hope you are feeling better soon :)

grace