Herpes Community
herpes outbreak: after intitial tingle

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

herpes outbreak: after intitial tingle

So, if you start feeling tingly and itchy after being exposed to herpes, how many days usually pass before the ulcers appear? and if you are tingly/itchy, do you pretty much always get at least small bumps?

from my extensive research i feel that if you do indeed feel a tingle or itch, there will be bumps, as it itches because it's a sign that it's picking a spot to grow? or is it sometimes normal for the first outbreak to just kinda tingle and fade?

i wasn't "exposed" to herpes that i know of. but i've been tingly down there for almost a week, if not longer. just feels like a rash or a yeast infection from bizarro land. been about 9 days since the sex happened. it isn't changing, nothing is forming. only thing forming is extreme paranoia. and regret.
Doesn't sound like you have herpes BUT the tingly prickling sensations is something that happens in recurrent herpes only.  We call them Prodromes. Prodromes aren't an initial herpes thing. When people are about to get an outbreak, they will get a Prodrome usually within an hour to a day later. Everyone is different since this is a very variable disease. Also, there is something call an aborted outbreak where you get the prodromes but no outbreak.
Actually, a lot of people experience prickling sensations with an inital outbreak.  It doesn't sound like that's what you have though.  If you are having issues down there or are concerned I would say not to worry about it, but at 3 months just go in to get things checked out full STD check just for your piece of mind.

Have you been tested for herpes? Or do you just "feel" you haven't been "exposed?"
Where can I find more info on "aborted outbreaks".  I experience the prodromal symptoms often, but never get an outbreak.  How high is the risk of transmission during a prodromal period before and aborted outbreak?  Does that make sense to you?