re occurent genital herpes and flu like symptoms
   Hi all, I hope you folks can help. For the past 5 days, I've been fighting off a bad supposed flu, docs tested me for flu which concluded negative, but he stated for one there is a TON of flu going around right now and also that the test is 20% faulty. Thus he prescribed me the routine flu meds and had me on my way. Now, I am experiencing a painful genital herpes outbreak, though not my first. My question is, in genital herpes, does the flu like symptoms return before an outbreak each time? Or is it more likely that my outbreak is due to my body currently fighting off other infection? I really appreciate any input given, thank you.
if your body is already run down fighting off other infections, not unusual for herpes to reoccur.  flu symptoms with recurrence is unusual and sounds like the other illness came first and triggered the herpes recurrence.

hope you are feeling better soon!

grace
Thanks bunches! will see doc tomorrow, hopefully get some pain pills.