Herpes Expert Forum
very confussed please help with some direction.

Welcome to the Herpes forum. This forum is for questions and support pertaining to herpes simplex virus infections (HSV-1 and 2) and herpes zoster (shingles) and the virus that causes it, varicella zoster virus. Questions about genital herpes are welcome both here and on the STD Forum.

Ok, I have been an absolute nervous wreck the past eight days. Nine days ago I received unprotected oral sex from a CSW and have never felt so guilty about anything in my life I have learned my lesson and will never participate in an act like this again.  Therefore I think my conscious has been getting the best of me.  

Everything has been fine up until twelve hours ago, being the nervous wreck that I am I have been checking myself every given chance freaking out about any little change.  Last night I noticed something that looked like the size of maybe a pen head and kept messing with it.  Pushing skin together to see how it would react, well I think I messed with it too much and popped a blood vessel in my penis.  Two or Three minutes after messing with it a red spot appeared about the size of a pencil eraser maybe smaller with a purple dark red tint (closer to a red tint when penis is larger).  There is no pain and no burn at the moment and my nerves are so shot that every tingling feeling freaks me out and I notice everyone regardless of where it is in my body.  

Please help, I am terrified that this spot could be HSV 1 and will become painful and blister filled at any moment.  I am working away from home and some long days (18 hours) I have no way to see a doctor for at least five days this site is all I have to rely on.  I appreciate all the hard work and input from you guys!
Have you ever in your life had a cold sore on your lip or nose?  If yes, then it is highly unlikely that you will acquire HSV 1 at a new location on your body.  

One episode of oral sex is unlikely to infect you, but not impossible.  Quit picking!  You are confusing the picture.  Look (but don't touch) for blisters in the genital area.

Terri
Not that I can remeber.  I will quit picking I am just very freaked out that I runnined my life.  I do think this is HSV becasue I don't have any other symptoms.  I am still almost positive that the red spot is a popped blood vessel. If so how long does it take to heal? I will try and relax.  Thank you so much for comments they are really helping me cope.  
do not think*
a popped blood vessel is certainly a possibility with picking.  Yes, please try to relax and only go into action mode if you see a blister in the genital area.  This would typically come up within 2-10 days after exposure.

Terri
Hey Terri,

Sorry to bump this again.  The blood vessel went away in one day, but after right after I posted I saw a small tear like thing it was red at first not an open sore and did not itch burn or have any irritaion it was about the size of a rice grain or smaller and has healed within 72 hours.  The only thing I can think of is that it is a tear tear in the skin from my stretching I have obviously stoped doing this now that I am not worried, I can't help but wonder though since I have read that Herpes can present itself as paper cuts.  I did read a comment from Dr. HHH say that herpes almost never is a paper cut on the first outbreak.  The biggest fear I have is spreading the virus to another person.  I am going to get blood test when I can.  Do you think I am in the clear to contiue sexual relations at this time?? Thanks again for all your help!  
Without any testing, I can't really help you know the answer to what is going on here.  So I can't really give you advice about what to do about sexual relations.

This will be my last post on this thread.

Terri
A related discussion, cold sore confusion?! plz help was started.