what do herpes blisters look like?
Do herpes blisters appear as small raised blisters with a dot in the center? I get these small blisters on my palms and fingers for a bout 8 years now off and on. They do not itch, but hurt when I touch them. they go away anywhere from 2 day to 4 weeks. I have been getting them on boht hands and palms during this episode since the last week in march.
Any idea what this is.37 y/0 female.
So in 8 years of having them, it never occurred to you to see a doctor about them? They must not be that serious to you. If you've lived with them this long, I'd forget about it. Otherwise, get them checked out.
Yes, I have been to a doctor several times. I have been tod it is a form of eczema. And i have been told it may be herpes.  I was just wondering if they symptoms described seem like herpes. Are their any specific characteristics of the blisters that would determine if it is herpes or not or would a culture need to be done to verify?
Culture.
Since herpes on the hand is considered rare, I would get it cultured, and then go with the excema diagnosis.  If that diagnosis wasn't made by a dermatologist, then I would make an appt with one.

AJ