Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Community
16 years old and born with HPV/RRP....having problems and scared. Help!...

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding HPV issues such as: genital warts, causes, diagnosis, cervical cancer, HPV in men, PAP tests, treatment, telling your spouse or partner

16 years old and born with HPV/RRP....having problems and scared. Help!

I am 16 years old, have only had sex with one partner, and have been having sex with that partner for about 6 months. I have been with him for a year, and i am 100% certain that i was also his first. I missed my previous period 25 days ago (due to extreme stress, possibly). I have an average 30-day cycle. I have missed periods before. I started my period when i was 10, and my mother started when she was 8. I am overweight, but i carry it in my breasts, butt, and hips. I developed very, very early. I have very heavy, sometimes very very painful periods, as do my mother and younger sister. I do not generally have any mood swings or other PMS symptoms. I took a pregnancy test 12 days after my missed period, which was negative. Out of the approximate 10 times I've had sex over the past month and a half, I bled twice. Today, I had significant spotting after sex when I wiped. I do not believe I am pregnant. My breasts are not swollen, and I have not gained any weight. I have kept careful track of my waist size with a tape measure, and have seen no difference over two months. I am not having any unusual back pains. I have had slight to moderate period like pains after bowel movements for the past couple of days, and have had only diarrhea for 4 days. Otherwise, I feel fine. I was born with HPV passed on to me from my mom and suffered from Recurrent Respiratory Pappillomatosis (RRP) as a child. I have read that it is possible for women who get HPV in their teens to develop pre-cancerous cells by 18; and I've had HPV since birth. I have never had a pap-smear, and went in at age 13 to the gyno to get birth control for heavy period pain, was prescribed an 800mg ibuprofen, and never took it. I am scared and a little mystified. I live alone with my father so I'd like to see if anyone has ideas of what the problem may be before I ask him for help. Please help! What's wrong with me?
Tags: HPV, scared, Pain, Period, rrp

If you have missed the periods after the February periods, then chances of pregnancy are there. To be absolutely clear about the status of your pregnancy, I suggest you to test for pregnancy by a highly sensitive pregnancy test 10 days post ovulation with a sensitive ( 20 - 25 mIU ) pregnancy test. Also then I would suggest you to get your serum HCG levels estimated since this is more specific than urine for pregnancy tests.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.