Chances of transmitting high-risk HPV through oral?
I'm a woman who was diagnosed with high-risk HPV a couple of months ago.  They said I tested positive but it's so low that it's not of any concern and most likely it will go away in a year.

I've been dating someone exclusively and we haven't done anything past kissing yet.  We're considering having oral sex but what are the chances of my passing it to him if he performs oral on me or vice versa?  Can I transmit it to him that way?

Also, if we have sex with a condom what are the chances I might transmit it to him anyway?  My doctor tells me that condoms don't protect against HPV that well but I would like a better idea of the chances of transmission if we have protected intercourse.

If anybody can help, that'd be great.  Thanks!!
The virus transmission takes places when you come in a direct contact with the infected area of the other partner i.e., wart... Oral HPv is extremely rare and I assume you don't have it either... Kissing/ oral is not believed to be the cause of hpv transmission but this can't be said with certainity as there are no vast studies available on this... the virus strain that affects genital area is not believed to survive in mouth... even if it can survive, it wouldn't cause any warts and shall go away at its own... The major cause is sexual intercourse or direct skin to skin contact with the wart...

Condoms do protect but not more than 70%, chances are still higher that transmission will take place even with condoms...