I was told Planter Warts are caused by HPV
I am FREAKING out. I went to my dr today to have my planter warts burned off. He told me they were caused by the HPV virus. I was just checked in July for STD's and it came back clean. Is HPV not checked in a normal female exam? And if I have HPV does that mean I am going to get cancer? If this serious virus is floating around in my body and my yearly pap smears never picked up on it then what should I do? I am really scared.
Relax.

All warts are caused by HPV. The types of HPV that infect your hands feet and body are different from the types that infect your genitals. HPV infections are site specific. Having HPV on your foot mean that you have HPV on your foot. It isn't in your genital area, hands, or anywhere else. In fact, this type of HPV usually cannot even be spread to your genitals.

Lastly, the types of HPV that are associated with warts are not the ones that can cause changes that lead to cancer.

There are more than 100 types of HPV, not all are STDs.