Possible exposure to HPV from girlfriend. can someone help me?
So yesterday i was having sex with my girlfriend and it started hurting her and we couldnt finish. Then she had a little bit of blood. She said the area feels inflamed. We dont use a condom because she is on the pill and we have been together for 3 or so months. she had a pap smear done last week in jax along with other tests.

Anyways her doctor called her today on the phone and said her pap was abnormal and she should come back in. She said it was for HPV. Now she tells me that i dont need to worry because the doctor said i am not at risk but that makes no sense because i thought HPV was highly contagious. She said she might have a risk of cervical cancer if they happen to find something on her follow up but her doctor told her several times it is not STD related and her partner does not need to worry.

If it is HPV obviously iam at high risk of having it now. Im so stressed as i dont know what to do now. When they say it clears up do they mean it just stays dormant until a later time or does the body fight it off completely? and if i have been exposed that means im a carrier and i could pass it on to other women?
If she has HPV, there is a 99% chance you have it too. Her doctor is nuts. Unless she doesn't have it. For most women, the virus is cleared (goes dormant) after a few years so that no test can identify it. That does not mean it has left her body and anything (ex: pregnancy) can activate it again if her immune system is lowered. There is no test for men and unless you get a wart, you will not have any definitive proof that you have it too. However, unsafe sex usually results in spreading it. There are rare individuals who do not get the virus from exposure to others. We don't know why they are so lucky but it could be due to having very strong immune systems. If you smoke or drink or do both and if you do not exercise and eat healthy, your immune system cannot possibly be that strong. You should assume you are a carrier and can pass it to other women if she has it. Find out what strain she has. If it is the low risk strain (ex: 6 or 11), you may get warts. If it is the high risk strain (ex: 16), then no warts will appear and you will never really know what you have since there is no test for men. This is the most frustrating part of all. We MEN cannot be tested!