Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Community
Questionable Papule on Scrtum

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding HPV issues such as: genital warts, causes, diagnosis, cervical cancer, HPV in men, PAP tests, treatment, telling your spouse or partner

Questionable Papule on Scrtum

For about 6-7 months I had been battling molluscum contagiosum.  I think that's all cleared, for I have not had any noticeable lesions for about 3-4 weeks now.  

My concern is, while I was searching for mulluscum (a weekly routine a have) I noticed an extremely tiny bump or papule on the scrotal tissue directly in the fold between my penis and the scrotum.  It's solitary, and has not grown in size since I've noticed it.  It is slightly raised, more so than normal fordyce spots in the area.  It has a slight brown/grey tint, but is mostly skin colored.  I really only notice the details with a magnifying glass.  It does look slightly warty.  While erect, the lesion goes to the base of the penis, but still within the fold area. This is not the first time I've noticed one of these.  There WAS one directly in the fold between my scrotum and perineum.  It looked the same, but slightly larger.  The derma I saw said it was either a wart, or a skin tag and took it off.  I thought that was a strange area for a wart...but now I'll never really know.    

I have visited my Physician and a Nurse Practitioner at a Dermatology Clinic.  They both were positive it wasn't an STD said it was nothing to worry about, and to just monitor it.  But, I have been worrying about it.  

So my question is, if it is HPV, how long would it take to grow larger? Would it even grow larger?  Like I said, there are no other lesions in the genital/scrotal area at all.  I don't think it's molluscum at all.  It really looks like either a skin tag polyp, Epidermolytic Acanthomas (which is what I'm leaning towards), or what I fear; a wart.  

Should I get a 3rd opinion from a proper Dermatologist?