Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Community
Small warts/bumps - penis head

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding HPV issues such as: genital warts, causes, diagnosis, cervical cancer, HPV in men, PAP tests, treatment, telling your spouse or partner

Small warts/bumps - penis head

I have been with my wife for 4 years, we are both faithful for the entire time.  She had a bad pap after about a year together and tested positive for High Risk HPV, we think her ex boyfriend passed it to her.  I have tiny white dots on my lips from the day after we were first together, people call them fordyces, I know they are from the HPV due to having bad canker sores, sore lips with a breakout and then left with white lip dots after.  About a year later, I noticed some new little white bumps on the shaft of my penis (also called fordyces by doctors, but HPV related I am sure).   Neither of these are a big deal to me though, minor cosmetic flaws.

Now about a month ago, I noticed some "NEW"  tiny warts/bumps all over the head of my penis, some in clusters, some isolated and unevenly spread, over the past month, they seem to have increased and the skin is dry/cracking and sore all on the top of the head, but smooth and normal on the bottom.  The top is sore constantly, I also have to urinate a lot and have a constant burning sensation in my urinary tract in my penis.  

I feel its some sort of a breakout from HPV, and I am worried the little warts are growing inside my urinary tract as well to cause the pain and urination problems.  As I have said, we are both faithful, so this is nothing new, neither of us has ever had any genital warts, only high risk HPV in her, I can't even get tested for it.  This new problem happened right around the time I noticed a large increase in white dots on my lips so I feel it was the HPV reemerging in a new area now.   I am convinced there is a lot of unknown about High risk HPV, and a lot of fordyce/penile papule conditions are related and blown off as normal.   The only thing I can think is that this damn virus lies dormant and keeps emerging and causing more damage, but now this is not acceptable because its not just cosmetic, something else is going on.  

The closest I can see to is the penile papules only they are all on the top of the head, not around the rim, the whole head is very sensitive and constantly sore, along with this funny dry cracked skin.  It just looks slightly rough and a couple cracklines when soft, but when erect it is all very noticeable, problem is I can't get erect in front of a doctor, nor do I want to.  

What could this be?  Could it be HPV related after 4 years?  Its almost like each skin cell is separating from the others and growing or something.  They are all very small, not at all like genital wart pictures I've seen (almost like small skin tags).  I am very scared. I feel very alone because there is nothing like it on the internet.

Have you seen a doctor about your symptoms? If it is HPV it should be noticeable while you are flaccid.

HPV does not cause canker sores, or dry cracked skin, and pain is not a common symptom.