Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Community
genital warts

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding HPV issues such as: genital warts, causes, diagnosis, cervical cancer, HPV in men, PAP tests, treatment, telling your spouse or partner

genital warts

I'm 16 and recently discovered I have genital warts, I've been checked out by a doctor and gotten treatment but I'm worried as to how I got them in the first place, I've been with my boyfriend 3 years and were both virgins when we met so where have the warts come from? Has he cheated on me? Are there any other ways warts can be spread?

Also are these warts going to keep coming back for the rest of my life? I'm only 16.

Any help or reliable information would be very much appreciated.
Goto CDC site for info. Or Doctor's forum here. Get the vaccine shot asap. It won't help with the strain you have now, but it will protect you against other strains. If you lead a healthier life, you may not get warts again. You are young and that helps. He may have cheated on you or may have gotten it before he met you.  It doesn't matter now because you can't prove it. Stop smoking cigs, drink less alcohol, take vitamins (C, A, E, Zinc, Garlic pills, mushroom pills, multi-vitamins, etc), get more rest, reduce stress, exercise and eat healthy. This will boost your immune system and allow you to recover quicker. You may or may not get more warts in your life. No one knows. Just know that this is the most common STD in the world now and it may not turn to cancer. Women can get tested for it and you should do this every year or two for the rest of your life. Whether you tell any future partner is up to you. Just know that if your future partners have been sexually active, then they already have it too!