First and foremost welcome, I have been a member of this fabulous community since August of 2008. I have some personal history with hysterectomy and related subjects. In brief summary I have had several diagnostic laparoscopies, 2 d and c's, 3 laproscopic surgeries to remove endometrial tissue, DaVinci Robotic Assisted Hysterectomy, a BSO (surgical removal of tubes and ovaries.)
I have great empathy for any of you facing these procedures. If you'd like to, but not necessary to do, my story is posted in my journal, you're invited and welcomed to read it.,
1. This is the place for women to offer support, ask questions and offer advice. Many concerned family members or partners post here on behalf of their loved ones, this is welcomed and encouraged.
2. You will find great diversity in the posters here, as far as opinions go. All opinions are welcome. We do request that you follow MedHelp's social guidelines and rules, slander and foul language will not be tolerated.
3. I encourage you to please fill out your portfolio, at your convenience, it is helpful but not mandatory. This allows others to get to know you and eases the process of accurately answering your post,
5. Hysterectomy can be a controversial subject, We all likely know women who have had both positive and negative experiences with this surgery. This is not a debate forum., lets offer all positive encouragement for women who have decided with the help of their doctor to have this procedure.
6. Please refrain from posting a question on another person's thread. We would also ask those of you who are so kind as to offer support and answer posts to please briefly look at the date. We have had posts as old as two years answered. Technology changes and we would like to help those currently in need.
7. You may ask me anything , if you consider your question something you do not wish the world to see, you may PM me at any time. There is no such thing as an unintelligent question. If I do not know an answer I will research for you.
8.. Thank you for taking the time to look at this and other forums.
Ladies, we have a sexual health forum, the womens health forum and womens social.
I know many questions are tied to hysterectomy and I am very understanding of emotional and other aspects of health regarding this site but as of late we are recieving questions on this site that could really be better answered on different forums, so I am having them reposted, on different forums in an effort to help you, everyones goal here on MH is to best help all involved.
Also a gentle reminder anyone who posts will recieve the best help by starting a new thread, not by posting a question on another members thread,
Ok that being said Im off to school to fill my head !!!! Have a great day Ladies and I shall check in this afternoon....hugs to all.....Cherie
I have had over 6 major surgeries and to many other procedures to mention, I was 22 when I was told I was pregnant, then a couple of days later I was rushed to emergency with a large endometrial ruptured ovary never was pregnant. and that was the start of my long battle with endometriosis and what it did to other organs besides the reproductive ones. I am 59 now and I still suffer from it. in other ways,
When I had my hysterectomy the hospital had to have my husbands consent to do it!!! Boy have things changed
Welcome to our forum, you brought up some very intersting points, I am sure glad for the sake of women that our rights have changed. My goodness imagine how many women are in unhappy or marriges with "contolling " men, Any sound minded adult should be able to make their own decisions regarding health care, if youd like to make a post and let us know how you still suffer from your past surgeries maybe we could help, its a great support team here, and lots of ladies with different ideas, best wishes, and again welcome!!
I made a journal page which has all of my pre and post op hysterectomy tips and advice, for those of you having Leep or other surgeries still check it out much of the information is helpful for a variety of female surgeries.
Copyright 1994-2016 MedHelp International. All rights reserved.
MedHelp is a division of Aptus Health.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information.
The Content on this Site is presented in a summary fashion, and is intended to be used for educational and entertainment purposes only. It is not intended to be and should not be interpreted as medical advice or a diagnosis of any health or fitness problem, condition or disease; or a recommendation for a specific test, doctor, care provider, procedure, treatment plan, product, or course of action. Med Help International, Inc. is not a medical or healthcare provider and your use of this Site does not create a doctor / patient relationship. We disclaim all responsibility for the professional qualifications and licensing of, and services provided by, any physician or other health providers posting on or otherwise referred to on this Site and/or any Third Party Site. Never disregard the medical advice of your physician or health professional, or delay in seeking such advice, because of something you read on this Site. We offer this Site AS IS and without any warranties. By using this Site you agree to the following Terms and Conditions. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your physician or 911 immediately.