Integrative Fertility Expert Forum
SUBMUCOUS FIBROID PUSHING INTO CAVITY

This forum is for questions and support regarding an integrative approach to healing that combines the best practices in complementary and conventional medicine. Topics include: Acupuncture, Herbal Therapy, Mind/Body Medicine, Traditional Chinese Medicine, Fertility, Stress and Fertility, Body Weight and Fertility, Environmental Contaminants and Fertility, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Fibroids, Endometriosis, Hormone Imbalances, Menopause.

SUBMUCOUS FIBROID PUSHING INTO CAVITY
If I have submucous fibroid (in top uterius muscle) and it is PUSHING INTO THE CAVITY, should I risk surgery and have it removed before IVF? What are other option? Can it be removed with less invasive method?

Sylvia
Most IVF doctors recommend that you have a submucous fibroid removed before IVF because a submucous fibroid can disrupt embryo implantation and decrease your chances for IVF success as well as increase the changes of a miscarriage.