Integrative Fertility Expert Forum
flu shot risky for conception?

This forum is for questions and support regarding an integrative approach to healing that combines the best practices in complementary and conventional medicine. Topics include: Acupuncture, Herbal Therapy, Mind/Body Medicine, Traditional Chinese Medicine, Fertility, Stress and Fertility, Body Weight and Fertility, Environmental Contaminants and Fertility, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Fibroids, Endometriosis, Hormone Imbalances, Menopause.

flu shot risky for conception?

Hello, I am  44 year old married woman who had a miscarriage for the first time in October.  My husband and I are trying again, and I was ovulating this weekend Nov. 9/`10, so we did try.  I had planned to get a flu shot on 11/14.  If there is a chance that I conceived a child, would the thermisol in the flu shot harm the developing zygot?
Avatar_dr_m_tn
You should not get the usual flu shot if you think you may be pregnant. There is a different flu shot for pregnant women and children under 3 that is "thimerosal-free." Your doctor can give you this one.