Integrative Fertility Expert Forum
stage 3 endo

This forum is for questions and support regarding an integrative approach to healing that combines the best practices in complementary and conventional medicine. Topics include: Acupuncture, Herbal Therapy, Mind/Body Medicine, Traditional Chinese Medicine, Fertility, Stress and Fertility, Body Weight and Fertility, Environmental Contaminants and Fertility, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Fibroids, Endometriosis, Hormone Imbalances, Menopause.

stage 3 endo

I have stage 3 endo, and am currently on lupron. I am 27 and working on my first child.  I had my first shot in april(followed by a very heavy peroid) , and a booster shot in june( followed by another very heavy peroid). Would this mean that the shot isnt supressing the endo? I am now awaiting my peroid, I have taken several ovulation tests earlier in the month(per dr, orders to have sex EOD in the beginning of aug) and all have been neg.  Last wk i had some spotting(brown and pinkish) and that lasted only 2 days. Now i feel bloated and am using the bathroom more frequently. Kinda feeling like I have a UTI. How long does lupron usually stay in your system? I have had no problems in the past with ovulation, and my labs are good, tubes clear, sperm is good. I am to take a pregnancy test on friday and ifs its neg, what is the next step?
Avatar_dr_m_tn
It depends on what kind of Lupron they gave you.  If they gave you the monthly type it will only last for 1 month.  If they gave you the bigger dose one it will last for 3 months.  The fact that you got your period suggest that you were not completely suppressed in June.  If your pregnancy test is negative, you can check your FSH, LH and Estradiol to see if the Lupron suppressed you completely and also you can get a transvaginal ultrasound to look at your ovaries.
In vitro fertilization is a good treatment for endometriosis, if you can afford to do this.  Other options like injections or pills to induce ovulation and insemination are not as successful but can be attempted for endometriosis.