Right Side Pain, under rib cage
I have been dealing with a lot of discomfort on my upper right side of the stomach, under the ribs. I wake up feeling normal, but shortly after having a bowel movement, or eating, the ache comes on. I tried two antibiotics, bactrim and cephalexin. Only Bactrim gets rid of my symptoms. I tried two courses: one for 10 days and one for 20 days of Bactrim DS taken twice a day, and both times I was symptom free for the durations of the treatment. But the symptoms come back soon after finishing the course. My doctor thinks I just have IBS as all my blood tests came back normal. But why does an antibiotic work if this is just IBS? I'm male, 30, 5'10" 140lbs, workout regularly, don't smoke or drink. The discomfort started 5 months ago after drinking a large protein shakes with blended cooked white rice in rice milk and lifting heavy weights. Other symptoms I have are small stool and mucous in stool all of which go away while on Bactrim.
I'd take a probiotic and magnesium citrate to speed up digestion.  If that isn't enough, add L-glutamine powder.
I had the same problem I had lifted weights and thought I had pulled a muscle.. left side near rib cage. It never went away.. until I figured out that I actually had a food intolerance.. it was my muscles contracting or spasming when digesting, moving food through my system. I cut out lactose and gluten and my IBS went away. Food can cause a huge amount of weird symptoms.. I didn't figure this out until I ended up having so much damage I had to get my appendix out. Save your stomach and save yourself from even more headaches later on.. cut out grains and dairy, see if it helps. I actually had to just cut out milk, the yogurt and cheese doesn't bother me...Some people it does, some it doesn't.. Eat Fruits, veggies, Meats/Fish, healthy fats, coconut oil, olive oil  - nuts/seeds don't be afraid of eggs and saturated fat. stay away from the processed foods... they have tons of crap in them you don't need...hope it helps!