Kidney Stones Community
kidney stones

Kidney stones, also called nephrolithiasis are solid pieces of material that form in the kidney from substances in the urine. Discuss topics including prevention, symptoms and passing kidney stones.

kidney stones

In the last month I had to go to the ER for kidney stones. After taking a CAT scan it showed that I have several stones still in my kidneys. I have an appointment with a kidney doctor who is a stone specialist according to my uroligist. However the appointment isn't until April. So i am sitting here hoping not to have another problem until then. Anyone had the same problem as me. As for my stones most are very small (2 mm).
Yes, me too ... they eventually passed, and moreso I eventually forgot about them.  It's somehow good when you know you have them, but waiting for them to pass can take a toll.  Hoping your doc apt gives you good info and maybe can find out why you produce them.

C~
Thanks for the input. When you finally passed your stones was it uneventful or did you have some problems. I am drinking lots of water hoping some will pass with no pain problems
To help to gradually reduce the stone size, practise kapalbhati pranayam for 20 minutes, twice a day.  I hope you are drinking warm/hot water.
March 1 ,2012
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Dietary changes may help prevent kidney stone formation if you are prone for it. Prevention strategies for kidney stones include - Increasing your daily fluid intake and taking the recommended daily allowance of calcium. Increase your fluid intake to the point where your urine volume reaches 2.5 litres a day. This may mean drinking up to 3 litres a day, if you live in a hot, dry climate or if you are involved in strenuous physical activity. Increasing urine volume decreases the concentration of minerals in the urine. This makes it less likely that a stone will form. Also, frequent voiding and drinking plenty of water can help prevent urinary tract infection.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.