Liver Disorders Community
Congenital Hepatic Fibrosis

This support community is for discussions and support relating to liver disorders.

Congenital Hepatic Fibrosis

Hi all.... I'm new as is my 22 month old son who was just diagnosed with Congenital Hepatic Fibrosis. I am in Canada and seeking as much information about treatment, prognosis and support from others or their families with this disease.  He has Portal Vein Thrombosis, Splenomegaly, Esophageal Varices to only name a few of the other medical issues he has.

Any and all assistance is appreciated :D

Congenital Hepatic Fibrosis is a rare and very complex disorder. I believe the scope of your question is beyond the ability of the members here to address. Infrequently a physician does visit this board but we do have a Med Help Liver Transplant Board with an expert physician to answer questions. I will provide you with the link to that forum and I advise you to post your question there.

I do want to wish you and your Son the very best.

See:   http://www.medhelp.org/forums/Liver-Transplant/show/274

Mike
CHF is a rare condition, and the best place for him to be seen would be a large tertiary center that could handle his multi-disciplinary needs, like a large University hospital.  

You might find some helpful and supportive information at the CHF Alliance website:
http://www.arpkdchf.org/aboutus/index.htm

Best wishes to you and your son. ~eureka
Hi Nick. I am suffering from CHF since birth. It was in my 19th year that I had shunt surgery due to portal hypertension. I am now 31. I have been told to take URSOFALK everyday and Lactulose but I am irregular. Complications  and risk factors to avoid: Obesity, contact sport, Alcohol, Smoking. I thank Allah, that He has kept me fine until now. Pray to God and keep hope high....Do routine blood test for Liver, Kidney and Lipid profile, which I do.