Giant Liver Hemangiomas 12+cm Surgery or Not?
I was diagnoised (FINALLY!!!) with a giant liver hemangioma after 5yrs of going to the doctor. My GI doctor said to just continue monitoring it and it continued to grow just in the first 6 months from size of baseball to size of a melon. He said it was more dangerous to remove it, and to just leave it in. I looked at him kind of puzzled and asked, "Am I then just to live with these symptoms?" So he then said well maybe we should send you to a specialist who said the exact opposite. That it needs to be surgerically removed as obviously its growing and the longer I wait the more complicated the surgery will be. I could go into heart failure, and if I just let it go I might eventually need a liver transplant. Surgery- Chevron Incision 24"-30" straight down entire stomach and then all the way off to my right hip. Very invasive (and scary). Was told USC could do it less invasively.
Trying to find info from people who've had this surgery and what it was like and if it really did help?
Also interested in comparing others symptoms.
But I am confused, still being told different things.....that I should have the surgery, and that I should not, that its more dangerous. So when should someone have surgery for these giant hemangiomas???

This discussion is related to liver hemangiomas.
Hi Cathie777,

Thanks for your reply. I've been so preoccupied that I forgot I posted on here! My surgery was supposed to be scheduled for tomorrow but they changed it to Monday. It worked out well because I'm a teacher and it gave me the full week with my kids. He's 99.9% sure he can do it laparoscopically so hoping that's what I wake up to after the surgery. My mass is 10 cm and on the tip of my right lobe. The dr. says it's the best case scenario because he only has to remove 5% of my liver. I'm also having my gall bladder removed while they're in there. :) He says I'll probably be in the hospital for 2 days and recovery will be 2-4 weeks. It sounds like your surgery was more extensive? Was your surgery laparoscopic? How much liver did they take? I actually have 5 of these but the other 4 are small and not growing. Take care
Marleigh your message is good to read this morning. We are still waiting for the hospital to call us regarding a biopsy for my husband. Then the doctor will know more. Did you have to do a biopsy and how did it go? I am scared as I read that sometimes they cannot stop the bleeding. Anyway, things don't go fast enough here, I was thinking of going to Cuba for treatment. Here in Quebec, we lack doctors and we wait eternally for treatment. It's so frustrating. As I posted earlier, my husband's live has 5 lesions called hemangiomas. Since june they haven't grown so the doctor was not too worried but WE ARE!!!  Can I ask you and the rest of the community here, what do you guys eat in the mean time? we are in the midst of changing everything in our plate, more veggies, very low fat protein, fruits, etc...my husband feels full and bloated if he eats too much. So far, sushi is good in moderation, small meals and we are crossing our fingers that these hemangiomas are caught in time.    
Hi there,

I'm sorry you're going through so much stress. Hemangiomas are non-cancerous and rarely to never turn into cancer. I have an excellent liver dr in Michigan. I initially had a MRI, CT scan, blood tests, and an ultrasound to determine diagnose and size. We've been monitoring for 2 years through ultrasound to check growth. These are harmless when they are small but pose a rupture risk as they grow. I only need the 10 cm one removed because the other 4 are small and have not grown. If they are sure they are hemangiomas DO NOT get them biopsied! What you are reading is true...bleeding risk since all they are is a mass of blood vessels. I haven't had to change my diet and it does not interfere with liver function. It may be the location of his? Good luck and I would definitely get a second opinion if they are willing to biopsy what they are calling a hemangioma. Keep in touch and feel free to email me.  Marianne
***@****
Thanks I will keep you posted very soon. It's good to feel the support of other people in the same situation. :) x
Oh I hate to say this, but I do not like that your doctor told you he will "try" and do it laproscopically. As that means he hasnt really had the training to do it that way, as its very different procedure, not just "trying" to make smaller incisions.

You want to go to someone who specializes in... and ONLY removes them laparoscopically. As its different procedure all together. They make smaller incisions, and go in and clamp off the blood supply to the hemangioma, drain all the blood out of it, which makes them able to remove them through smaller incisions.

I had a liver surgeon tell me he could "try" also to do it laproscopically also, but he was just going to try and make smaller incisions to remove them AS THEY WERE.

Im sorry but I would not take the random undetermined chance to wake up with a chevron incision which goes from your breast bone to your pelvic bone and then over to your right hip. Not to mention the recovery time is a lot more. I was told 6 months to a year to really get back to any kind of "normal" state....and with going through the less invasive surgery I can believe that even more. As its was a long slow hard recovery process for me. I had 3/4s of my liver removed, by a specialist laproscopically. Its was a hardest surgery and recovery Ive ever had to go through ...and I have been through a lot. With that, I would do it again in a heart beat though which how much better I feel.

He's actually an advanced laparoscopic doctor and teaches others in India and China. He's one of the top docs that removes these Hamangiomaa laparoscopically. I even watched on of his videos...yuck! It will be done that way. :) I believe I would be opened up if they found cancer or something due to not disturbing the cells. I do not have it so it should all be good. Wow! Glad you're doing okay with that much of our liver removed. How long until you were up and able to function?
cathie777 and Marleigh46

February 8th is our appointment for the Liver Biopsy. Still waiting for HFE test to come back but reply is expected feb 18th only...I am thinking of posting in the Professional Forum with complete tests results. Have you tried that and is it worth it?  
Hi everyone

Quite shocking to read that so many people actually have hemangioma in their liver. My mom went for ultrasound and eventually ct scan 1.5 yrs ago to monitor her hep b status. My aunt had just passed away from liver cancer then. Was scared stiff when we discovered she has a lesionin her liver. But that turned out to be a hemangioma.

Few weeks ago she did a follow- up ultrasound and they discovered one more lesion this time. She has elevated ALT too. Will be going for a MRI tomorrow, I am really really worried seeing how my aunt suffered from liver cancer. Can someone tell me if it is possible to develop hemangioma within a year? The ultrasound says this lesion has no internal vascularity. I googled this and it says 75% of benign tumors have no vascularity. I am praying that it is the same diagnosis this time hemangioma and not something else.....
If you are having a liver biopsy, its is probably not a liver hemangioma.

As stated before:...

In general, a biopsy of suspected hemangiomas is avoided because of their benign nature and the potential risk of bleeding from the biopsy.
Hi there,

I'm 10 days post-op and doing well. He removed a 10 cm hemangioma from my right lobe and a 3 cm from my left lobe. He had only planned to take the 10 cm one but thought the left one would be bothersome. The other 3 are tiny and he said I wouldn't have to worry about them. He ended up removing 30% of my liver and removing my inflamed gall bladder. He did it laparoscopically with minimal incisions. This doctor is awesome! I still have the drain tube and hoping to get rid of it soon. I measure the drainage and it is becoming less and less each day. The surgery wasn't a walk in the park as you know, but I'm doing what I need to do and getting stronger each day.
I hope you are doing well! Keep us posted on how you are doing and how your recovery goes. I didnt have drainage tubes...that I remember anyway, lol. I had my gall bladder removed also.
What kind of pain medication did they give you? If they gave you Oxycontine be really careful with that stuff.
Do you notice any differences?
What was your doctors name? I'm glad you are doing well & I will pray for a quick recovery for you!

My recovery is going really well. The laparoscopic surgery is the way to go! I was first given morphine while in ICU but it wasn't working so they switched me to Dilaudid. Powerful stuff so I got off it very quickly. They were giving me Tordel (sp?), an anti-inflammatory, and an Elixar form of Loratab. I did have problems with pain control and it seemed like I was always an hour to 1 1/2 hours behind on meds with the pain. I hated the 6 hour schedule they had with the loratab. They eventually put me on a fentynal patch and loratab pills the last day and that is what I went home with. I had a dr. Appt on Wednesday and they switched me to Percocet, which is 7.5 oxycodone and 325 acetaminophen. The loratab had 7.5 hydro codon and 500 acetaminophen. We switched to lower the acetaminophen.  I didn't get my patch refilled because I'm weaning myself off. I saw your post about your meds so I'm trying to go longer and longer between meds. I'm an elementary school teacher and had to take a medical leave. I'm planning on going back in 2 weeks so can't be on pain meds. Overall I'm just tired but healing up quickly.
Hi Erin,

Dr. Michael Jacobs from St. John's Providence hospital. He is one of the best for this type of surgery!

Thanks for the prayers!

Marianne
Liver Biopsy last friday was a success. Doctor took two samples and the whole thing lasted a few minutes only. We are now waiting for the results. I suppose we should be expecting a score on the Metavir scale, is that it guys ?  
Finally met the gastroenterologist yesterday with the results from the numerous blood test and liver biopsy. My husband has Nonalcoholic Steatohepatitis or commonly known as NASH or the silent liver disease. Doc gave him antioxidants pills and asked him to drop his weight. We will return in 3 months time for a follow up. We'll have to do another blood run and hope for the best for now.    
I have a 7 cm hemangioma on my right lobe, which I must have removed.  I cannot take it anymore.  I am tettering on the brink, the precipice, Could you please tell me where to find the best laproscopic surgeon in my area...New England?  Specifically what type of sugeon does this work?   I live in a semi-remote area in western Massachusetts so I assume I will have to travel someplace, like to Boston or New Haven, to be able to get the best treatment?  Any help that you or anyone else can provide to me would be so greatly appreciated.
I live in Boston and am seeing someone at Beth Israel about two 12 cm hemangiomas. I'm trying to decide if i should have surgery now or wait. I'm experiencing pressure and sometime dull pain and my liver is enlarged and protruding. I'm leaving to work overseas at the end of next month so would have to do it right away as i wont have an opportunity for a long while once I leave. It's a tough call.
I will probably want to go to Brigham and womens or Mass General as they are the two best hospitals around (both part of the Harvard system). You may have already had the procedure, and if so, i'd like to know how it went.
Rick
Hi Mayito,

I noticed that you had not responded to some of the later queries about your pending surgery at the time (7 May 2010), I am also not sure if you still visit this site and if you do or if someone else had a similar experience and had survived the same surgery please tell as your story and experience as it s a meaningful experience to some of us that it will inspire and be a needed much needed moral booster to go through such a major life decision.

Kgothadi in South Africa
I'm recently diagnosed with two hemangiomas, one is large (but fortunately 6 cm - I know it could be worse), the other is 4 cm.  I've been doing a lot of research, as I feel a sense of urgency from my gen. practitioner to see a general surgeon and discuss my options.  No push to see a Hepatic specialist or someone specifically skilled in this are.  So I'm doing my research to that I will know what questions to ask.   Here is one option I haven't seen mentioned here - and was wondering if anyone went this route?  If so - what were your results?  If this link isn't clickable - google:  [Personal experience in embolization of liver hemangiomas] -- it's on the NCBI website.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9863406
hey, i hope anyone help me i have a 8 cm hemangioma right lope , and im in Egypt , want to know who is the best laproscopic surgeon that any one do it with him, cuz i tend to travel any where to do it
Hi Janice. I am Karen who became Hep C positive after a transfusion in '76', asymptomatic until 3 years ago, when I began feeling generally 'unwell' lethargic with 53 lb weight loss for lack of appetite. Well, I began begging new doctors in a new town, (we moved), immediatley, complaining of weight loss, lack of appetite as I feel full 24 hours a day, with severe bloat and digestion taking a complete 360!  NO ONE LISTENED. I was accuses of all from "womanly stress", to "depression" to purposely not eating - only because the so-called country GP's did not understand and had no idea of what liver disease can do or includes. In past 2 years I began having episodes of 'syncope' every darn time I eat.  I simply black out moments after, very often awakening minutes to an hour later, depending how tired I was to begin with, WITH FACE IN MY PLATE!  Face and hair covered with my dinner. I began to think I was nuts. No other recourse I began driving 4 hours away to Toronto where I knew and trusted my former doctors and with conficence in hospitals there. Long story short as possible, after months of tests, of course the final one, found I have several hemangiomas (not only one), the largest 10mm with many 5mm. That is not all. I have dilated common bile duct of 11mm with a dysfuntion of the sphincter of odie.  HAD THE LISTENED, I could have begun whatever treatment. Now, my liver is enlarged, for 3 years I have not been able to eat barely at all, so have been drinking tons of instanct breakfasts, and I have spleen enlargment upon eating too much with a raft of symptoms.  I finally, am being referred to my gastroenterologist.  I could have very well had heart failure at any time with these synopal episodes. It turns out two of my so-called GP's here, who I faxed an ultra sound result to way back in July 2012; never read it. The test revealed ALL by bile ducts were dilated and liver slightly enlarged. THEY NEVER TOLD ME NOR MY SPECIALIST!  Well, live and learn. At least I know now and hopefully they will do something so I can eat properly and without pain, which has also begun in recent days.  Can't always trust our GP's.  Sorry to say.  My best to you and thanks for listening.  
I have been reading your comments for a couple of years now off and on. I have a 9.4 cm hemangioma on my liver with another smaller one which seems to be almost on top of or underneath the other one.  They have been growing for years, about 3 cm over the last few.  My doctor is a liver specialist and he is the best in the area and in all of California. He is watching it, but doesn't think I should have surgery.  It doesn't hurt, but I can feel it when I wear a jacket with a tight belt in the area. I try not to wear anything that will be tight in that area. I have an ultrasound every year and I have had an MRI. Now the dr. wants to check me in 6 months. I don't want to have surgery and he doesn't think I need it. Luckilly I don't have trouble with my gallbladder. I do have the nausea symptom sometimes and sometimes I don't feel like eating, but for the most part I feel good. I think I will only have surgery if my dr. insists.  Thank you for listening.
You can email me directly at ***@**** for any specific questions. If this lets my email show up in the post.

Yes, I had the surgery to have mine removed and it was a very difficult surgery and recovery. That being said, I would do it again. I still have 2 remaining in my liver (as they couldnt remove my entire liver of course). They are small but have continued to grown. I monitor every year with MRI.
Feel free to email me directly if you have any questions.As I know I was full of them going through this!!  TheVintageLife At GeeMail
Mine only got worse, slowly over time. I wish I had my surgery to remove mine before it got to the point I was at. My Doctors "monitored" mine for 2yrs...while I got slowly, but progressively worse. They would have continued to do so if I didnt say something. My doctor couldnt say for sure the surgery would cure my symptoms/problems. But it did by about 90%.
It makes me sad and frustrated I lived how I did for so long. I had mine at least 6yrs before I was diagnoised, and then monitored another 2 1/2yrs before surgery. My quality of life was horrible. I wish I could post my night before surgery stomach pix, and my 4 weeks after surgery pixs. The difference is really amazing.
Good luck with whatever you decide!
How did the surgery go? How painful was it?
Awesome. Sorry for replying almost a year later!? lol. How are you doing now?
My doctor was Dr. Carlos Covera in San Francisco, CA
I too have stalked this forum for a little over 18 months now.  I had a giant hemangioma, size of a basketball, that consumed my left lobe.   I spent time with the Drs at USC and UCLA and it was clear to me that the team at UCLA had more experience with hemangiomas.  Their approaches were identical, in that they were going to preserve as much healthy liver tissue as possible but I would lose a lot of liver tissue because, for me, the hemangioma was entirely intertwined with the liver therefore they ended up resecting about 60% of my liver through the chevron type incision with a additional vertical incision from the bottom of my sternum to the apex of the chevron.  62 staples.  I am so happy to have that thing out of me...and I still have a 14cm one on the right lobe that they couldn't remove.  The recovery was not bad, but I think for a number of reasons:
- I'm in my late 30s (fairly young, and no other health issues)
- I asked my doc what I should do to prepare for the surgery and they said the more fit you are the better recovery will be so I trained hard doing Crossfit for the 6 weeks leading up the surgery to be as fit as possible to make the recovery as quick and easy as possible and it worked.
- I followed the dr's orders precisely in terms of activity, lifting, wound care, pain management etc.  

I am now 12 months post-op and have never been in better shape.  I still have a nice big scar in varying shades of pink but I'm not battling the pain after every meal or just after sitting like I was before the surgery.  

I'm happy to try and answer any questions here, or privately if someone prefers.  Just let me know here and we can arrange to connect in private.

wow, awesome to hear from someone else whos been thru this. So they were not able to resect laproscopically??
What will they do with the one in the right lobe that they left?
What were your symptoms prior to surgery...and for how long?

Thanks :)
Glad you are feeling better!

I am new to this forum.  I was told 6 years ago that I have multiple hemangiomas in my liver. After a TON of doctors I found one at Johns Hopkins who I felt was knowledgeable and since that time has been monitoring the "Goblins" as Iike to call them.  However, about 2 years ago they started growing and causing a lot more pain.    Dr at Hopkins said let's just continue to monitor them.  Largest one was about 6 c.m.  Pain seemed to just come and go.  Then last year, my gallbladder was removed.  But still having pain and now it is more frequent.  Went to see another doctor for another opinion.  He says they have to come out.  The largest one is almost 8 cm.  the other one is about the size of a golf ball and there are still others throughout the liver that are smaller.   The surgery has to be open surgery with that huge nasty scar since I have so many and the one is now 8 cm.   SO,  I am facing surgery in a couple of weeks and I am SCARED TO DEATH.

I sure would like to hear anyone's story about their hemangiomas and if surgery made a difference for them.

Thanks.....

I've been reading a lot of the posts and was just wondering, for those of you who had surgery for hemangiomas, how large did your hemangioma get for your doctor say you should have surgery?  Also, in what ways do you feel better?  I guess, I'm just not really sure if my symptoms are related to the hemangioma or not.  I've read weight loss for some, but I've had trouble losing weight even with working out and eating healthier.  I have heart burn and feel full quicker, and am extremely sleepy after  meal but that's really about it.  Last year after severe pain in my right side, they found a 9cmx9cmx8cm hemangioma but my doctor said it wasn't really an issue and it's a surgery they don't like to do if they don't have to.  He thought my pain had nothing to do with the hemangioma, and I haven't had it since.  He said they would monitor me so I had an MRI last week.  I meet with him again next week so I'm just wondering, how big does this thing have to get before he'll remove it and can I expect to continue gaining more weight?  
Mine was over 20cmx18cmx14cm and it was causing heartburn and compressing my pancreas and causing daily pain with sitting. After a final MRI they basically said there's no more room in my abdomen.  My docs said the same thing that the pain is not FROM the hemangioma itself, but caused by how my other systems were changing because of its growth.
Hello. My sister has a giant liver hemangioma 14 cm that the doctor wants to do surgery on; he said she might only retain 30 percent of her liver, is your experience similar?

Thank you,
worried sister, Gina
Hello. My sister has a giant liver hemangioma 14 cm that the doctor wants to do surgery on; he said she might only retain 30 percent of her liver, is your experience similar? The doctor said that it is an extremely dangerous surgery more dangerous than open heart surgery, and that liver failure after surgery would cause death. I'm scared. Is there anything you can tell information wise to help me with my concerns?

Thank you,
worried sister, Gina
Hi, Yes it was the same for me. Your liver grows back, the only organ that does so. It was a difficult surgery for me to get through, but Im glad it was done. I still have to monitor the little hemangiomas there were in the section of liver that wasn't removed during my surgery. They are small and continue to grow...very slowly thank god.
How is he going to perform the surgery? Laproscopically or through large Chevron Incision? Is this a liver specialist, that specializes in this kind of surgery?
Wow, I was recently diagnosed with a giant hemangioma as well. They sent me to a liver surgeon who wants to perform a left hepatectomy.
Any ideas why it is more common on the right lobe than the left?
Are left lobe hemangiomas any more dangerous than right lobe ones??
Hi Everybody
I do have hemangiomas on my liver. One is 12 on 8 , 7 on 8 and two small ones 1.5 on 1.5 and 1.1 on 1.1 . My doctor told me that at that point i need to have surgery  which cannot be done here ( Las Vegas) because  no one is qualify to do so and It needs to be done at UCLA . I'm freaking out...Seriously I am sooo scare...Thank you to all of you taking the time 2 share your experience. It's a huge help understanding the whole process..Please share if you have any advice.
I am so relieved to find all of you. I was diagnosed over a month ago with 1.5, 7 & 11.5 cm hemangiomas in my liver. I am in pain ALL the time. A great feeling of pushing in my abdomen as well as side & back pains.They are growing inside instead of on my liver and I was told I have the options of surgery to remove 2/3 of my liver if that isn't possible transplant is my only option. I'm so scared. Should I get a second opinion? Where do I go for that? I'm in Indianapolis & told the liver Drs here are among the best. Any advice and encouragement is welcome!
Please start a new thread, yours is likely to get lost in this older, very large one, and since transplant is an option in your case, different flavor ofissue of importance as well.
I am good thanks. This is the first time I have found ANYONE who has what I have and I will take my chances that the people who were talking two months ago as I was first showing symptoms might just see this. If you don't like the long thread, don't read it. I don't care for your "flavor of issue".
Thank you for writing and responding to these posts. You will never know how much it means to me to read someone else having the same experiences as myself.
I was just recently diagnosed with multiple hepatic hemangiomas, the largest being 16.8cm on the right lobe of my liver. I do have one inside the left lobe. The tumor is centrally located and will require the removal of most of my liver. I live in Central Illinois and my problem seems to be finding a surgeon skilled in this type of surgery. Any recommendations from the group?

Tamie
I had my hemangioma remove June of last year.  I recently started having the same symptoms.  Does anyone know if they can regrow?
Dr Arthur Fusco is the one I will recommend to whoever is from Las Vegas , Nevada.... He did my surgery on February . My hemangioma was about 13mm.  He is amazing...Good luck 2 you all...
I found out less than a week ago that I had a liver hemangioma that is almost 10cm. I went to a gastroenterologist who couldn't help, but referred me to a liver transplant surgeon. I called them today to schedule an appointment and they sound like they know what they are doing. The medical assistant was telling me that they do a few of these a week. Next Wednesday, the doctors will be reviewing my CT/MRI do decide what route (surgery or not) is best for me.
I discovered my hemangiomas because I was having trouble laying on my sides and back. I went to my PCP and he suggest that I get a CT. My diaphragm hurts when I breathe in deeply, sneeze, cough and hiccup. I know I'm rambling, but this thing is nerve wrecking. I had the Gastroenterologist take blood just to be sure that they are benign.

Cathie777- was it easy to find a doctor that would do them laproscopically? I really don't want a chevron cut.
This is a follow up to my original post from 5yrs ago!! (Cant believe Im still dealing with this)...AnywayI thought it could be of help to others out there. During the time I had my undiagnoised, and when it was diagnoised....liver hemangioma I had thyroid problems but the T4 medication seemed to make me sicker. I felt a lot better after liver resection surgery but still never back to fully normal and my weight dispite dieting, daily gym/exercising
, and numerous different prescription diet medications....I was not able to go below 165lbs (my normal weight was always 130lbs and height o my liver hemangomia i was 214lbs).
I continued to have symptoms of hypothyroidism and just reently went to a endocrinologist who thinks I might have a very rare condition called consumptive hypothyroidism, which I guess is usually only found in infants.I dont know that much about it.
But from the research and reading Ive done so far I am solidly convinced there most definitly is a link between my giant liver hemangomia and my thyroid problems and symptoms. In the past T4 medications made me feel worse though. Dr. is ordering a reverse T3 on me and some other things....Im make in a confusing mess trying to figure all of this out. One Dr. started me on T3 medication only....and it made me feel significantly better...but my other Dr wants me OFF of it! (I have to confess I also took my friends T4 med with it for a couple of days and felt even better though my Dr said thats impossible as it takes at least a week to notice any changes...but i think they dont realize then how crappy i feel that I notice any good change). That Dr doesnt want me to take any meds, but gives me no solution for all of my symptoms. So I have an appointment next week for a 3rd opinion....
But anyone with a giant liver hemangioma....check your thyroid...mine was in "normal" ranges for awhile even with symptoms....and then finally went out of "normal" range....convinced the two are linked
Just a FYI to anyone interested. I just posted the photos under my profile of what my stomach looked like the night before surgery to remove my giant liver hemangioma....and the after...though the pic was about 45 days after, this is pretty much what my stomach did look like right after surgery
How big was your incision? How bad was your pain? How long were you out from work?
You had Chevron incision? i do not see much of a scar
Hi , My daughter Claire , who is English and 43yo was diagnosed 4 yrs ago with a giant hermangioma on her liver and I mean GIANT , she has 22 of them , her liver weighs over 27 lbs.  A leading British liver surgeon remover 60% of the growth about 30 months ago, its since regrown even larger and is causing great pain as it presses against other vital organs. She has been told by the same surgeon he cannot remove any more and will not operate unless she has a bleed, by then she will be dead. She has always had a weight problem , but her thyroid is OK .  Ive read of great advances in the US using certain drugs to shrink the growth by upto 50% . Have any of you tried this or know anything else other than the surgical way .
Desperate Dad
My husband was just diagnosed with a giant hemangioma, 20x22x21cm. We are in Denver and they said they won't resect bc it is too dangerous. They want to try a transarterial embolization to shrink it if the interventional radiologist will do it. If not, he will need a transplant. He's 36 and healthy. Where are the best doctors to treat this? I just want to make sure we are doing the right thing. Thanks!
I had my large hemangioma removed on June 30th, 2016. I was first diagnosed 4 years ago and was in cardiac arrest. I was sent to a surgeon in Austin, Tx at that time. I had 100% faith a trust in him. I am 9 weeks post surgery and doing very well.
Hello JRA2016, can you please provide an update on your current status? My Giant Hemangioma is so large now that it can't be ignored and I'm having trouble locating people with same issues as myself.  We are few and far between.