HEROGENOUS LIVER ECHOTEXTURE SUGGESTIng fatty liver versus cirrhosis
What does this mean?  There is no statement that I have cirrhosis, but seems to indicate a differential diagnosis, but I'm not sure, and this is obviously important.  There is no recommendation for clinical correlation to determine whether cirrhosis is a viable diagnosis.  The report seems to indicate that I have a generally fatty liver as OPPOSED TO cirrhosis, but I am not sure how to interpret this, and I am not clear about the information I am getting from my doctor, whom I think the world of.  My liver is normal size, all my blood work is normal for liver function, i am 56 years old and a moderate drinker.  Any input on the "fatty liver versus cirrhosis" comment would be especially appreciated.  Thank you.
As you said whatever type of imaging you had indicated fatty liver disease (heterogeneous liver echotexture). You don't have cirrhosis. You need a biopsy to know what stage your liver disease is. Stege 1. stage 2, stage 3, stage 4 (cirrhosis). Imaging is not used to diagnose the stages of liver disease.

"Non-alcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD) represents the most common form of liver disease and is considered to be the liver manifestation of Syndrome X (the metabolic syndrome). Within the degrees and types of NAFLD, simple fatty accumulation (hepatic steatosis) is not considered to be highly dangerous in itself although it can lead to weight excess and diabetes.

However the more severe form of fatty liver known as non-alcoholic steato-hepatitis (NASH) may progress to cirrhosis and liver failure. The distinction can be made by liver biopsy. There is not complete agreement on the criteria for diagnosis or the features used for grading and staging lesions. Both types of fatty liver disease are reversible and the key is earlier diagnosis and the use of nutritional medicine.

For the diagnosis of fatty liver, physical examination, blood tests, imaging techniques and liver biopsy are being used."

Ask your doctor to explain it in layman's terms so you understand.

Hector
I had a similar finding "mildly heterogenous echotexture representing possible mild patches of fat"
Heterogenous is a common finding and meaningless on its own. If they also noted other signs like an enlarged spleen, dilated bilary tree, murphys sign, nodules etc then the radiologist would have said this is suggestive of chirrosis . Don't drink, eat healthy and don't worry about it. Your blood tests are normal