Liver Disorders Community
lesion on liver

This support community is for discussions and support relating to liver disorders.

lesion on liver

Hello All,

I am 32 having high valus of GPT and GOT for last 10 years reason unknown.
Today I went to hepatholigst he did a ultrasound and found 3 lesions on liver...

He proposed to have a CT-Scan and MRI afterwards with optional biopsy. I have an appointment next week but I would like to know is it a kind of cancer or tumor ? something curable or dangerous ?

comments are appreciated..
thanks

Only a CT or MRI scan with contrast can tell what the mass is. There are many types of masses that can be found in the liver. The scan is the only way to tell if it is benign or cancer.
You will have to wait for the results.

Do you have hepatitis B?
Do you have hepatitis C and cirrhosis of the liver?

Good luck with your scan!
Hector
hi Hector,

I have been tested for all type of HEP, they are all NEG.

Only problem I have is that I have high values of GAMA GT and GOT ALT for last 10 years, reason unknown.

I have never drank alcohol.

what is the odd, that I have a cancer ?

PS: last year sep I had a liver-ultrasound and there Dr. said all is fine. but this time I had ultrasound at Uni-Hospital.
My doc said, I may had a contact with HEP A, but I am not know of it.

Nevertheless , right now all types are NEG.
hello ,

I went to another Dr. for 2nd opinion, he did ultra-sound and his finding are as follows:

He said I have a very fatty liver and those areas where its not so fatty may-sounds for the first dr as leision... as its around 2 cm area...

I am a bit confused....

also he said my GOT and GAMMA GT values are high due to fatty liver....

any comments ?
I don't know what doctors you are seeing but they sound clueless.
You say you saw a hepatologist? Where?

You need to go to a liver transplant center now to get the answers you need. To find out the cause of your liver disease and find out what the lesions are.

'He proposed to have a CT-Scan and MRI '
Where is the CT scan or MRI report? That is all that matters right now.

Let me know when you get the CT or MRI results.

Hector
I am in Germany and the hepatologist at uni-hospital told me , I am having 3 - leision , it could be anything from tumor to cancer to harmless stuff.

Yesterday I went to inner-medician general physician and he told me as I am having fatty lever, those spots/leision are the area where fat is not seen on liver and i.e. its harmless stuff... I even ask him if I go for CT- MRI scan and he said its useless to do so....

nevertheless the Dr. / hepatologist has given me an appointment for CT-SCAN, MRI and in the end with biopsy next week on 6th of Feb.

facts are:

* I have a fatty liver
* I had contact with HEP A
* No current HEP virus ( all are -NEG )
* values of GAMMA GT and GOT are high as to me know since last 10 years.

Regards,
Liver lesions and fatty liver disease are two completely different things.
I would trust the hepatologist at uni-hospital. A general physician knows nothing about liver lesions.

Glad you are getting a CT or MRI done next week. When the results become available you will know what is going on.

Hector
Are lesions on liver are curable ?

is surgery the only option ?
AS I said above...

There are many types of masses that can be found in the liver. The scan is the only way to tell if it is benign or cancer.
You will have to wait for the results.

Hector

I am 10 days post-op from having liver surgery. The doctor removed a 10 cm mass off my right lobe, and a 4 cm mass off my left lobe. The masses are non cancerous and are called Hemangiomas. I actually have 3 more but they are small and have not changed through 2 years of monitoring. Hemangiomas are common in woman and they believe they grow from hormones. We monitored them through ct scans, MRI and ultrasounds. You NEVER have these biopsied because they are a large cluster of blood vessels and they can bleed. Good luck and I hope you find out answers soon.

Marianne