Mammillation of the rt hemidiaphragm
I recently had a CT heart scan and a 7.5mm non calcified nodule was found on in the upper right lung. Two years ago I had a chest XRAY and a mammillation of the right hemidiaphragm was noted. Not knowing what a "Mammillation of the rt hemidiaphragm"...could this have been a precurser to the nodule? I'm not looking for definite answers but I'm just wondering if the nodule and the mammillation could be related. Thank you
The mamillation is a decription, it likely refers to a reaction to injury of the bottom edge of the lung. The injury may be cause by an infection, and if so, the body tries to contain infection. These “containment facilities” may evolve into nodules. Hence, the mamillations are one means of the body fighting, and the nodule formation may be another means of responding. So the notion of a precursor, meaning one was necessary to exist (either the nodule or the mamillation) before the other can develop is unlikely.