Lung Cancer Community
Salty Sputum
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung cancer.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Salty Sputum

Hi I am a 58 year old female, smoker and I have had a salty taste in my mouth for about 2 weeks. It is always better in the morning but after being up and having my usual smokers cough I notice that whatever I cough up is very salty. I am otherwise very healthy, do not feel bad. I have been doing some very heavy yard work for the past month including spreading mulch etc so I am breathing in alot of things that I have not done before. No pain associated with this. No chest pain or anything like that. Should I be concerned???

Thank you.
Related Discussions
Hi,

If the symptom is related with the sputum, an analysis of the sputum may be in order.

It would be best to see your doctor. If you have risk factors for fungal disease within the lung, then this may need to be evaluated. Fungal studies are not routinely performed for common sputum laboratory studies.

A visit to the ENT may also be fruitful, in order to investigate if the perception is more related to alterations in taste function more than something different coming from the sputum.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Lung Cancer Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...