Lung Cancer Community
Should I be concerned ?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung cancer.

Should I be concerned ?

Hello I'm a 21 year old male and I wanted to know if I should be concerned about lung disease. First off let me tell you about some symptoms and my physical and health condition.  First off I've been feeling some weird symptoms in the past couple months such as. Fluttering heart beats, feels like there's something in throat and lungs, (hard to explain this one) area right next to the corner of pecs in between your arm pits and shoulder, I feel (not painful) but a ache that somethimes on and off and happens to both sides, it happens mostly on the right side but it pulses a little ache and then goes away and then like a couple minutes later it comes back and does It again. Like I said its not painful, it's bearable but just annoying.  and sometimes my heart beats to fast when I get up from lying down and I almost black out when this happens.    In the past couple month when I inhale it sometimes gives me a tickle in my chest and makes me cough sometimes and sometimes my heart or around my heart hurts not majorly but just a small ache. And sometimes I felt like I was short of breath sometimes. And in my back on the right behind my kind it feels like if there was something in my back its not painful but rather annoying. Someone told me it could be a muscle knot but if it's true can you respond to that? Thanks

Also I don't smoke but my dad does and throught out my whole life he smoked. Know it's getting to me and I've been covering my mouth when I'm near him.

As for my health I eat vegetables and healthy stuff, I avoid as much fast food and I don't drink a of soda as I used to.( used to drink coke almost 9 months straight last year). Back then I used to eat a lot of fast food and eat junk food but now my diet has changed.  I also checked that my family doesn't have a history of heart disease. We are completely healthy.  I haven't worked out or been active for a couple of months now only becuz of these weird symptoms. But now I'm taking daily walks around my block in the mornings.  

The only reason this started is becuz of my HIV anxiety and then I went straight to being a hypochondria after wards. HIV was bcuz I used
Protection but the condom slipped off (i slipped out of it due to loss of erection )and I blew it up like a balloon to check breakage and I put it back on after and when I was finished I blew it up again to see if there were any breakage again but it didnt fail.  Now if you don't think this was a risk at all plzz reply down below thanx

But people tell me that it's all my anxiety but I know for a fact they just say that bcuz they it's all about the symptoms matching. I'm looking for someone to take me serious and tell me without saying "oh it's anxiety don't worry about it".  But besides that I would appreciate it if some doctor or ppl who know what they're talking about   Also note that my hiv and hypochondria concerns are now no longer.  

PS: if you think that I don't have any risks for lung disease, heart disease, and any other health factors plzz let me know and if you can, can i get a response to all my concerns? Thank you
Avatar_dr_f_tn
How are you? What other symptoms are present and what diagnostic tests were done? Can you elaborate on the HIV issues you mentioned? I understand your concern about your symptoms.  HIV risk increases with unprotected sexual contact, blood transfusion and needle sharing, I recommend that you have diagnostic test done to rule this out. Lung disease as well as heart issues may also be ruled out with complete physical examination and diagnostic tests that may be requested. Other factors such as your medical history, symptoms and results of other diagnostic tests are important considerations also. Take care and do keep us posted.