Lung Cancer Community
Smoker for 5-6 years

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung cancer.

Smoker for 5-6 years

Hello everyone.i would like to ask a question..i am a male of 31 from India.i have been smoking since 2007.i started with 2-3 cigs a day and last 2 years i have been smoking 1 pack a day ( 20cigs )
around 2 years back i had severe cold n cough (it was winters that time ) and lil blood came with my cough..i had an xray of the chest and everything was totally ok and i was given an antibiotic and was back to normal.now i have been feelng little heavy on my chest.i also suffer from gastric/gas probs quite frequently.i also feel light once the gas clears out.i am a little scared could it be lung cancer?no cough or nething of that sort.i am just worried about lung cancer etc.could anyone please shed some light on the symptoms and my condition?
Avatar_dr_f_tn
How are you? What other symptoms are present? Lung cancer may present with a cough that does not go away and gets worse over time, constant chest pain, coughing up blood, shortness of breath, repeated problems with pneumonia or bronchitis, swelling of the neck and face, fatigue and loss of appetite or weight loss. While cigarette smoking causes most lung cancers, family history, high levels of pollution, radiation and asbestos exposure may also increase risk. There are many types of lung cancer and each type of lung cancer grows and spreads in different ways and is treated differently.  In your case, lung cancer may not be an issue and to rule this out,  further evaluation may need to be done. A referral to a gastroenterologist may also help. Take care and do keep us posted.