Lung Cancer Community
Strange feelings in lung a few weeks after Talc Pleurodesis
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung cancer.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Strange feelings in lung a few weeks after Talc Pleurodesis

I had a spontaneous pneumothorax about 3 weeks ago. My left lung was about 30% collapsed, and they inserted a chest  tube to reinflate. The chest tube did not work, so they opted to go for the Vat pleurodesis operation about 2 weeks ago. I have been recovering well since, but as of yesterday morning (Thursday Sept 7 2012), I have been feeling a gurgling feeling towards the middle-bottom portion of my left lung. Usually these feelings go away after a few minutes, but it has persisted until today, Friday Sept 8. I am wondering if this is something to be worried about, as when my lung first collapsed, I felt this same feeling towards the top of the lung as well as pain. Now, there is just the feeling towards the bottom of the lung with no pain.
Hi,
How are you? Do you still experience this gurgling feeling? What other symptoms are present? To rule out any complication such as infection, air leak, or failure of the lung to re-expand. It is best that you have this checked by your doctor for proper evaluation.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Lung Cancer Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Control Emotional Eating with this ...