Subpleural nodules in lungs
Early this year I had a helical CT scan of the abdomen and pelvis following adminstration of IV and oral contrast. The radiologist's report indicated that small 6mm subpleural nodules were seen along both lung bases and recommended a followup CT in 3 to 6 months to assess for stability. Can you please explain what this means and associated risks?
Hi - I also had to do a repeat CT Scan - I did it 5 months after the other CT Scan.  My nodules were also very small like you 3-7 mm. Many scattered.  

I was so nervous/anxious waiting to take the repeat CT Scan.

Mine still showed the 3-7 mm nodules but the good news is they have not grown.  I am stable - Recommendation - another CT in 6 months to a year.  In this report they are suggesting that my nodules are: focal scarring which was not said during my first CT Scan  since they did not anything to compare it to.   Just relax all will probably be fine.  Many people have nodules - p.s. - if you smoke - Quit.  Julie.