Lupus Community
Elevated levels of Sjogren's Anti-SS-A and SS-B

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lupus.

I recently had blood work conducted to determine if I have Lupus and all of the blood tests to determine antibody levels associated with Lupus were normal with the exception of Sjogren's Anti-SS-A and SS-B.  My level for SS-B was 1.2 and my level for SS-A was 7.1.  Does this indicate I possibly have Lupus or something else?  Does it mean that these two elevated levels could cause me to have Lupus later?  

An elevated anti-Ro (anti-SS-A)  and anti-La (anti-SS-B) could indicate lupus or Sjogren's Syndrome.
I Have a greater than 8 sjogren's anti-ss-a test, with an ast of 44 and alt of 62.  Te test shows a positive ana and a sed rate of 60.  Does this indicate lupus?  I do not have dry eye or mouth.  Any ideas?  Thanks
Hi and welcome to MedHelp.

Check the normal range for the Sjogren's and anti SSA.  On my labs normal range was 0-120.

The ast and alt were elevated, which could indicate liver problems.  The AST can indicate liver, heart or muscle problems.  

What was your ANA and the pattern.  Yes an elevated ANA and sed rate along w/ other symptoms can  indicate lupus or other autoimmune disorders.  What kind of symptoms are you having?
hi iam sam iam 29 yrs female and found anti ssa 3.1  that is sajogrene 'syndrom (syndrome)
is this can be an environmental change in body
and heard about a drug name "digesta cure" is this tru that can help to fix anti immune system ?
please if u have any information about this reply me
My result came back Sjogren's Anti-SS-A <0.2
                                   Sjogren's Anti-SS-B 0.2 = f

PTL 450 =  H
MEAN PLT VOL 7.1 = l
RNP ANTIBODIES 1.8 = H
Smith Antibodies <0.2 = F
Latex Turbid 14.1 = HF
I already had three test that diagnosed me has borderline Lupus but still not sure if I have it. Always very tired and sick. Thank you for your help!
I recently had blood work done and the first ANA tested positive.  I recently had it repeated and it is now negative but the Sjogren's Anti-SS-a was high.This test was included in the ana+ra test.  Does this mean I have Lupus?