Maternal & Child Community
? my aunt wanted to see if yall could answer for her.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

OK, as most/some of yalls know i am pregnant (31w today) woohoo cant wait, i am 23 and she is almost 25. (my grandpa had her when he was older, so by the time she was 1&1/2yrs old my parents were having me.)BUT anyways. she is due March 6, so that would make her what, 37w6d give or take, ok she has a 5yr old, and a 1&1/2yr old, they were both over due by 2-4weeks(both boys if that matters) this one is a little girly.
? is last night we were all at my moms for dinner and she wasnt acting like herself. (we are a hyper family) and she just layed around on the couch, and had to get my husband to help her up and then couldnt hardly walk. she has been saying that it feels like zyah's hand was trying to come out, so last nigth at 10pm she went to the ER. they said that she was/is dilated 3 and effaced 75% (sp?)
NOW from yalls experience do or can yall tell about how long yall thank she has? her baby shower is this weekend do you think she will make it, till then?
she had 2 before but they went overdue. and this is my first so i have no clue of what to tell her, or what to do for her.
Thanks from both of us.
I don't think she'll make the shower.  That's pretty dilated and effaced.  By the time you are at 4 cms dilated you can even start to have an epidural.  She should stay in close touch with her labor and delivery department and report any further symptoms.  

If it helps, one of my neighbors had her shower after her baby came, not that it was planned that way but the baby had ideas of its own.  Your aunt's baby would be considered full term if it came now.
thanks a lot, very helpful:)
I'll go the other way - she can make the shower.  Ive been 3 centimeters dilated and 90% effaced for a week now.

the effaced number is the one you want to watch... once that reaches 100%, the cervix is pretty much gone.  

every person is different, but my guess would be she "could" make it.
i say it could go either way. many women who have had children can be dilated early on and stay there until labor begins. i have seen ladies walk around at 3-4cm for a couple of weeks prior to onset of labor.
i was 3cm then gave birth 20 mins later !!! good luck to both of ya x x x
With my 2nd DD I was 4 cm dialated and 75% efaced for about 4 weeks before going into labor. So who knows every one is dif.