Maternal & Child Community
1 fallopian tube and ttc

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

1 fallopian tube and ttc

İ have only 1 fallopian tube due to an ectopic pregnancy.  İm now ovulating but the pain or should i say niggle is more to my left hand side.  Does this mean its is left egg?  İt was my left tube that was removed.  So if it is my left egg that is getting released is it very rare or common for it to get picked up by the right tube.  Thanks for any hope somebody can give me.
The egg can travel from one side of the abdomen to the other and get picked up by the fimbria at the end of the other tube.  

If you can feel a twinge when you are ovulating, yes it will likely be on the side popping out an egg that month.  However, the ovaries take turns -- the left ovary ovulates one month followed by the right one ovulating the next -- so if you ONLY ever feel a twinge on the left side, it might not be the twinge of an egg coming out but instead could be your scar tissue (from the tube removal) aching in response to ovulatory hormones.

As far as how rare or common it is for a left-ovary egg to get picked up by the right tube, it might be hard to find research on this question.  (They would really have to be on top of things with ultrasounds, etc. to figure out which side is ovulating, in order to test the issue.)  But it is certainly not unheard of, and keep in mind that half of the time the right ovary will ovulate, right there at the right tube.