Maternal & Child Community
12 weeks tomorrow...possible fetal movement?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Hello everyone...i was just wondering...could i be wrong or am i feeling my baby move already?? Im a little confused because ive always read that the baby starts to be felt around 15-16 weeks preg..but im almost certain i feel it some nights.. sort of a flicker in the tummy..
I felt my first at 16 weeks and my second at 13 weeks because I knew what it felt like second time around. Spontanious movement starts around nine weeks I think so you could definately be feeling it. I am 10 weeks with twins and could have sworn I felt that familiar flutter last night. If you feel it more frequently then it is probably the baby.
I am 16W and have yet to feel the baby move.  I don't know maybe you can feel it at 12.  The baby is very small though at that stage, about an inch or so.
Oh yeah, I heard that if your really small you feel the baby move sooner.  Not sure if it is true or not - just thought you would like to know :-)
It could have been the baby. Even if it wasnt, why not assume it was anyway. You will never really know for sure. When I first felt my son, it was like a little flicker. Kind of like popcorn popping. But only one at a time. With this pregnancy, I feel more flutters. Weird how different it could be. What is funny is that after I had my son, I would feel like there was a baby kicking inside of me. Even years after. So all that time that I thought my son was moving inside of me was just gas. Now I dont know what was him or what was gas.
I felt this one (baby #2) at 11 weeks, but wasn't sure that that's what I'd felt until 12 weeks when the movements became a tiny bit stronger. I don't remember when I felt my 1st move. It really does feel a bitlike gas that early though, so it's hard to be 100% sure.
I'm sure thats what you have felt!
I'm pregnant with number 2 at 12 weeks 3 days...and I just felt him/her move. Its very faint, and I can barely feel it, but I know thats my lil bean. So, yeah...enjoy it...thats most likely your baby movin- lettin Mommy know he/she is okay*
I am currently 13 weeks with my 6th baby. I do not think it is unusual, I have been feeling movements since week 12. They are not very strong, but I know what Im feeling. What you are feeling is most likely the baby.. If you question it, more than likely thats what it is!! I feel mine moving all the time!!! So for all the other moms out there , you are not crazy, lol it is possible. Take it from me, this is number 6, I know.. =)
I am 11 weeks today and I felt this fluttering in my lower stomach, it happened 3x today, this is my first pregnancy and i know its not gas. I heard its possible to start feeling small movements at 11 weeks but i am alil on the heavier side, another thing is I am starting to really round out and get bigger, I havent gone to the docs yet as i am having insurance problems but i am taking my prenatals and eating healthy. is it possible i could be having twins or do you think its just because i am on the heavier side thats why i am showing? even though i have only heard if your smaller prepregnancy u show sooner not it your bigger. but its weird because i am only about 11 weeks and i look like i am like 7 months. i know some of the is my weight but it scares me that my stomach is rounding out alot this early.
To kittyk88 I too am on the heavy side; 276 to be exact and only 5 feet 4 inches.  I too look like I'm 7 months.  This is my second child, and I'm 11 weeks and 4 days.  With my first son (who is now 12) I was only 170 so I did not actually show till 5 months.  So yes its due to your weight that we are rounding out early.  Its normal according to my OBGYN.  As for the fluttering, yes you can fel as early as 11 weeks.  It feels like small bubbles in lower abdomen.  You are lucky to have them so early during your first pregnancy since it is rare to feel fluttering earlier than 16 weeks.  As for insurance problems, you can go to local health care centers for your prenatal care.  Since you must be computer savvy look them up and get yourself checked.  You definitely need a doctor to help you monitor this pregnancy.  Oh and by the way, due to my weight, my doctor advised I am to ONLY gain between 10-15 pounds.  Another reason you should see a doctor to help you keep you healthy during this pregnancy.  Good Luck and Congrats!