Maternal & Child Community
14 weeks postpartum.... light spotting - Please help!
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

14 weeks postpartum.... light spotting - Please help!

I'm about 14 weeks postpartum with my dd (8/30/04) and I've started spotting - very light and bright red. Is this a period? I'm freaking out. Last year at this time, I was 13 weeks postpartum with my ds (8/25/03). I had a small period that actually resembled normal menstruation, but my milk supply was depleting and I had to supplement with formula. A few weeks later I found out I was pregnant and the 'period' was actually implantation bleeding. This spotting isn't anything like I'm used to and my milk supply is fine but I'm not feeling so hot (i.e. cramping, nausea, etc.). Since it's been almost two years since my last *actual* period, I can't tell the difference between menstrual pains and morning sickness! Could I be pregnant... again? How soon can I take a home test to find out for sure if I don't know when my last period was???