Maternal & Child Community
17 weeks still not hungry

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

17 weeks still not hungry

Could something be wrong with me? I'm 17 weeks my nausea has lighted up a lot, but i dont have that rush of energy everyone said i would get at this stage nor do i feel like eating for 2. I also have not felt the baby move . This is my first pregnancy and i'm not really sure how the baby moving would feel like but i dont think i have felt the baby move yet.
Any info would be extremely helpful.
Hi Hope,
I hope you don't mind that this isn't a response to your question, but I wanted to talk to you about your subchorionic bleed because they found one on my ultrasound too.

How do you know when it has finally healed? How long did you bleed and spot? Do you see your Dr. more often and have more ultrasounds to monitor how the placenta is healing? When do you know your'e "out of the woods"?

Just tell me anything you can...I would REALLY appreciate it.
Hi, my entire pregnancy i had just a normal appetite.. No cravings, over eating or things that made me sick... until now!  im 33 weeks and have a monster appetite. Its only just kicked in. I need to eat really sweet dessert type things or creamy pastas and pizzas.. bad. Nothings wrong with you, its good that your appetite hasnt increased, you'll be able to maintain a healthy diet.
As for feeling baby movement.. i didnt feel my little boy properly until 20 or so weeks. Can you feel light little bubble type sensations? its hard to miss them if you dont know what to feel for.
Have you had your morphology scan yet? I had mine at 18 weeks and could see him moving around heaps, but couldnt feel it at all!
Lots of folks do not feel their baby until they are 20+ weeks, so don't worry about that.

Your appetite will eventually pick up. ARe you able to keep food down?
I don't know if this is normal or not but I was feeling the smae way. Now I am 33 wks and my baby is not big enough. So I think you should try to eat as much as you can so your baby could grow.
Hi there!

Wow, I'm a little jealous.  I'm 17 weeks too and I've had a huge appetite for weeks now and my waist line and the scale reflects that.  

Don't worry though, I have lots of friends that didn't have much of an appetite through their whole pregnancies.  One of them had horrible morning sickness through the whole thing and her little girl is perfect.  I bet your appetite picks up in a few weeks.  In the meantime, just try to force yourself to eat a few healthy meals a day.  

I also think it's totally normal not to feel the baby yet.  Lot's of women don't start feeling the baby move until it's 18-20 weeks.  
Sorry for the delayed response..
How do you know when it has finally healed? your doctor should countine to perform ultrasounds on you every month or sooner if needed.
How long did you bleed and spot? my last episode of spotting was 12/29 at about 10 wks . I went back again 2 weeks later and although i have no visible signs of  bleeding I still have the subchorionic bleed and my dr made me continue on my bedrest.
Do you see your Dr. more often and have more ultrasounds to monitor how the placenta is healing? That what i don't like. I personally want to be check every day, ha ha ya like that will happen. I'm not being monitored more just have an ultrasound every month when i go in for my monthly check up. I assume because i'm not bleeding and things are going good so far thats why he doesnt have me coming in more often. my baby measure right on target and my tummy also measures right on target.
When do you know your'e "out of the woods"?
The way you will know you are out of the woods is when they can no longer see the bleed on your ultrasounds. Just because you are not bleeding doesnt mean it has healed, it just means you body is able to absorb it.
My suggestion to you is to do what your doctors recommends for me my dr put me on disablity from work, i have to stay off my feet, sitting and lying is perferred, no SEX, drink plenty of water. So far this has worked for me and i've made it to 17 weeks, my dr said that it should have healed by now as most due so i guess he is preparing me for a whole pregnancy of bedrest.
Please keep me updated and let me know how things are going. my email is ***@****.. i started an online baby journal if you'd like to see it email me and i'll give the address. I have a few ultrasound pictures on it and one of the pics included the bleed.